Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is the 75D Compact. It is an all steel compact with a decocker. Kind of a rare bird. I got the replacement barrel in yesterday but it appears it will require some fitting. This will remain a project gun for the foreseeable future. We are going to fit the extended firing pin and do all of the spring changes. We have a T3 disco that we are going to hand fit. Then, instead of getting a race hammer we are going to try to modify the stock hammer and see what we get. Call it a poor man's Cajunizing. The problem with this is that you remove the hardened part of the material on the hammer. Once that is gone we don't know how it will wear. If that becomes a problem we can always just put a race hammer in her. Once everything is completed, assuming she tests out okay, we will send her down for cerakote. I'm thinking tungsten with black controls.

pix827957951_zpstwf8v50x.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I like seeing BA's projects unfold. It's neat to see the updates and transformations. Way more entertaining than watching my own roller coaster ride.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I like seeing BA's projects unfold. It's neat to see the updates and transformations. Way more entertaining than watching my own roller coaster ride.

I don't have the money for anything more than the occasional pro package CGW upgrade. Most of my guns are stock, or just have the basics done. Interesting to read some of the members of our group post, as it give me ideas for "some day". I would like to pick up a matte stainless 75B and have the pro package done on it. I don't want anything done to my current 75B as it's great for new shooters as is. Too many have had issues with light triggers, so having one gun stock works out pretty well.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I don't have the money for anything more than the occasional pro package CGW upgrade. Most of my guns are stock, or just have the basics done. Interesting to read some of the members of our group post, as it give me ideas for "some day". I would like to pick up a matte stainless 75B and have the pro package done on it. I don't want anything done to my current 75B as it's great for new shooters as is. Too many have had issues with light triggers, so having one gun stock works out pretty well.
    I'm sticking with the same plan I've always used, I put the SRS-1 kit in them for $66. It makes the trigger better without breaking the bank.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning CZickoos! :coffee:

This is the 75D Compact. It is an all steel compact with a decocker. Kind of a rare bird. I got the replacement barrel in yesterday but it appears it will require some fitting. This will remain a project gun for the foreseeable future. We are going to fit the extended firing pin and do all of the spring changes. We have a T3 disco that we are going to hand fit. Then, instead of getting a race hammer we are going to try to modify the stock hammer and see what we get. Call it a poor man's Cajunizing. The problem with this is that you remove the hardened part of the material on the hammer. Once that is gone we don't know how it will wear. If that becomes a problem we can always just put a race hammer in her. Once everything is completed, assuming she tests out okay, we will send her down for cerakote. I'm thinking tungsten with black controls.

That's the route I'm taking with the transitional. I'm calling that my budget build. I did the spring kit and extended firing pin but am not going to do the full Pro kit on it. It did not need much polishing since it was already butter smooth. I used the old hammer from my compact and cut the hooks down to just over .020. I only polished the face of the hammer, so I don't think wear will be an issue since the area that I removed material from is not a high wear point. If it does wear, I'll toss the hammer and go back to the stock hammer, or maybe use one of the spare spur hammers from the other pre-B projects. I just bead blasted the frame yesterday and am going to modify the beaver tail area a bit to be closer to the later style beaver tail grip areas like is shown in T-Ds photo of the P01.

With springs, hammer mods and the extended FP, I'm looking at 2.25lb SA and a 5.5lb DA pull when using the 11.5lb main spring. That's on the light side for me, so I'll up that to a 13lb and see what I get. With the hammer mod, I still get a touch of camming but it's not bad at all. Overall, I'm really happy with how the gun is turning out and I think I can do the entire thing while keeping the price under $400 total. Add sights and I'm still under $500 for a really nice side arm.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers

I like mine!
    Fully Cajunized by the Wizzard

Is yours an Israeli surplus gun?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom