Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Lets use G**** like the Smurfs use smurf. You can all go G**** yourselves. Don't G**** it up ya dumbass. :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That looks pretty cool RWS. Are you going to embrace the patina or restore it to its previous glory if you win the auction? I love old pistol patina, but also really love to restore stuff. The beauty of the HiPower is that it's like the results of combining CZ DNA with 1911 DNA. How can you not love a sweet single action, double stack 9mm all steel pistol that fits your hand like a glove?

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Haven't decided yet 88. I've always wanted to have a Hi Power to have in the collection and I'd heard some surplus FN's were hitting the market. I'm leaning towards restoration at this point though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It is. Hope the auction goes your way.

I brought my 75B Compact home tonight. I ran down to Bloomington and swapped my 40P out for my Compact, so the son is still adequately armed and with the 40P, he can mount a light for HD use. I've been missing the Compact and am glad to have it home again. I need to compare directly, side by side, but the safety on the 75B Compact has a .210 tang on it compared to the .200 on the pre-B and .240 on the stainless 75B. I'll check a bit later to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples, but since getting the stainless CZ, the safety has felt better to me than I remember the Compact feeling and much better than the pre-B.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    After comparing the safeties on the 75B and the stainless 75B, I think they are the same height. The pre-B is definitely more low profile, but the 75Bs seem to be the same regardless of whether it's an ambi-safety or not. I think the reason it feels a bit better to me is that I have a set of thinner VZ grips on the stainless one and that lets my thumb reach the safety just a bit better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom