• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It's complicated. A new gun is $550 and it looks like every other gun. My 85 was $390 plus the cost of Cerakote. It doesn't look or shoot like a new gun now. ;)
    Oh I get that part. You bought that with intentions of making it beautiful, I seriously doubt you are considering that one a beater. What I meant was, I don't understand the point of buying a beater, with intentions of keeping it a beater, and having it cerakoted.

I too am in the camp of buying one of those surplus guns is better than buyin new.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Oh I get that part. You bought that with intentions of making it beautiful, I seriously doubt you are considering that one a beater. What I meant was, I don't understand the point of buying a beater, with intentions of keeping it a beater, and having it cerakoted.

I too am in the camp of buying one of those surplus guns is better than buyin new.

Well, people change their minds. You and I both do it all the time. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In the mindset of the mad scientist. One who is compelled to alter/modify/improve just about anything mechanical...............It is an affliction. I loved it.
    Altering a firearm to improve its function/accuracy is just so rewarding.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I love both the 85 and the Beast. They are, after all, basically the same gun. But, someone who didn't know about them would think they have nothing in common. :dunno:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When I buy a surplus gun I am sacrificing the finish for the trigger. The trigger and the thousands of rounds down the barrel have a value to me. Once upgraded these are the smoothest triggers you will find. It would take you years to get a new gun to that same place.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When I buy a surplus gun I am sacrificing the finish for the trigger. The trigger and the thousands of rounds down the barrel have a value to me. Once upgraded these are the smoothest triggers you will find. It would take you years to get a new gun to that same place.
    Well said. Where's the slow clap emoji?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I am still looking to replace the Champion. I have built and been talked out of 4 of them.
    If I do manage to find another one and tune it I am never showing it to anyone............:p

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The cerakote idea was a just "what if". I agree with the patina, it adds character, and the weld repair would emphasize the nickname "Scarface". The trigger is what really sold me on the surplus idea in the first place. I shot the one that Rusty has and was just flat out impressed.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The cerakote idea was a just "what if". I agree with the patina, it adds character, and the weld repair would emphasize the nickname "Scarface". The trigger is what really sold me on the surplus idea in the first place. I shot the one that Rusty has and was just flat out impressed.

Well, whether you keep that one, get another "A" or decide to go with a pre-B, I think you can't lose on the trigger. They are all going to be well shot in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom