• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Ok, fellow CZickos. Here she is.....the Grail gun. The CZ 75 short rail.

7tKTbEeh_zpsdpsj0z8i.jpg

7EkrGrTh_zpsadcqs8iw.jpg

What is so special about this one? Serious question.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What is so special about this one? Serious question.

Less than 15,000 of these were manufactured with the "short rail" configuration. Because of the communist bloc embargo none were imported to the U.S. Most were either sold to third world police or military contracts or were destined for the African brush wars. A very small number have survived and very few in anywhere near this condition. This one just sold on GB for $1800.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Guys, I don't want to get old.... Had a scare with one of our customers. He's in his mid 70s, I think he's a widow. He's got a really cool car, 1953 Oldsmobile, we did quite a bit of suspension work for him late last year. Couple days ago my co-worker notices his old car at one of our other dealerships, no big deal as the tech working on it has worked with him before. He was saying there was some vibration at around 50mph. He showed up in our shop yesterday looking for his car. We were both kind of puzzled and informed him where it was. He left, comes back a little while later and apologizes that he didn't bring the car back to us... Today I get a call stating that he's in another part of our dealership on the same grounds as me looking for his car.... They steered him in the right direction. We were able to get ahold of his daughter to inform her that were we worried about him. She said he's in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's.. Poor old guy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Guys, I don't want to get old.... Had a scare with one of our customers. He's in his mid 70s, I think he's a widow. He's got a really cool car, 1953 Oldsmobile, we did quite a bit of suspension work for him late last year. Couple days ago my co-worker notices his old car at one of our other dealerships, no big deal as the tech working on it has worked with him before. He was saying there was some vibration at around 50mph. He showed up in our shop yesterday looking for his car. We were both kind of puzzled and informed him where it was. He left, comes back a little while later and apologizes that he didn't bring the car back to us... Today I get a call stating that he's in another part of our dealership on the same grounds as me looking for his car.... They steered him in the right direction. We were able to get ahold of his daughter to inform her that were we worried about him. She said he's in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's.. Poor old guy.

Damn it.
    Just damn it. I have lost some good people to this. It sickens my heart.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Dementia and Alzheimer's are close cousins. My father died with Dementia. He didn't know who I was but remembered I was a Marine. I would visit him in the extended medical facility and when he saw me he would call me Sarge and give me patrol reports from Korea. I don't want to go that way. Not knowing who I am or who anyone else is. Just remembering the most dramatic times of my life. Stuck in the past and freaked out about the present.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dementia and Alzheimer's are close cousins. My father died with Dementia. He didn't know who I was but remembered I was a Marine. I would visit him in the extended medical facility and when he saw me he would call me Sarge and give me patrol reports from Korea. I don't want to go that way. Not knowing who I am or who anyone else is. Just remembering the most dramatic times of my life. Stuck in the past and freaked out about the present.

Damn it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sorry to hear that TD. I can't even imagine that, although I'm bound to go through at some point in my life. Not a way I want to go either. I want it to be quick and painless.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    OK......say when......:):

Not making light of sadness just saying I am here for you.....:)
    Hey, in my family we crack jokes and laugh at funerals. Everyone deals with it differently, that's how we do.

I was gonna say I wouldn't let you go like this mouse, but now I'm reconsidering.... "Hey remember yesterday you said you'd sell me that 20mm for $350?"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey, in my family we crack jokes and laugh at funerals. Everyone deals with it differently, that's how we do.

I was gonna say I wouldn't let you go like this mouse, but now I'm reconsidering.... "Hey remember yesterday you said you'd sell me that 20mm for $350?"

I am not that far gone yet.....:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom