Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes I have actually. I shot WTB's 40P and I think I shot some 40 with Birds, Wiz and CM when I went up there to visit (but I shot so many awesome guns that day they are all blending together into one range session of awesomeness). I don't know, it just seems like a compromise caliber to me, and in a world of compromise...some men don't! I'm not a 40 hater, just not a fanboy.

In one of our loosely ran -CM- non-scientific tests we came to the conclusion that out of the box .40 just runs away from 9mm offerings.
    .40 just carries more steam.
    Haters will say the 9mm has come a long way in the SD offerings but the .40 escalates along the same curve.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    .40 is much better at intermediate barriers, such as windshields. A 9mm will often deflect off of a windshield if you aren't square to it when firing. The 40 will penetrate.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    In one of our loosely ran -CM- non-scientific tests we came to the conclusion that out of the box .40 just runs away from 9mm offerings.
    .40 just carries more steam.
    Haters will say the 9mm has come a long way in the SD offerings but the .40 escalates along the same curve.

Oh I have no doubt it carries more steam than a 9. My thoughts are, why shoot 40 when you can shoot 45!!?? As a 1911 aficionado I'm sure we can agree on that? 9 for fun, 45 for work.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    No debate. To each his own. There are different applications where I prefer each of the three primary calibers. Other people feel differently about it. I don't care.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    No debate. To each his own. There are different applications where I prefer each of the three primary calibers. Other people feel differently about it. I don't care.

I agree, shoot and let shoot as I always say. If someone loves the 40 then I say more power to ya! I just don't want another caliber to reload for so that's part of my decision too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom