Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That was the first thing I thought when I read the post. I cringed.

Hey it is his gun and all that goes with it. Just not sure why someone would do that.
    Trade it for a Parked finish piece even if the stainless is beat to hell up.
    I have saved a few of these from bad handling.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It has company here. And I have a question about this one and it's brothers. I bought three czech police turn ins several yrs ago and sand blasted and duracoated them. Two have CGW adjustable sears and this one has tritium sights but a stock sear. My question is about the safeties. Two have the detents inside the frame and snick on and off quite positively. This one was a nickel finish and has the detent (a tiny littlle plastic rocker ) between the safety lever and the outside of the frame in a recess in th lever and has never been secure enough, one or off, to suit me. If the kydex wasn't dimpled in the on position, I'd hesitate to carry it cocked and locked. Anybody have experience with this type of problem?
    Is there a good fix?

I hate it when I have to edit my post 3 times to correct all the typos. DANGIT!
    Just bumping this so the Wizard might see it. He is the one who will be able to answer your question.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm doing good. Still on overload from the shoot. Wish we lived closer so we could make social gatherings with you fellers a more regular thing.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I got a PM about my 85. It is almost complete and has a 2lb 9oz SA and a 6lb 5oz DA that's as smooth as he has seen. I'm getting pretty pumped about this one.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I got a PM about my 85. It is almost complete and has a 2lb 9oz SA and a 6lb 5oz DA that's as smooth as he has seen. I'm getting pretty pumped about this one.
    The trigger on Rusty's 75 just blows my mind. That gun feels and shoots like a million bucks.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The trigger on Rusty's 75 just blows my mind. That gun feels and shoots like a million bucks.
    Up to this point I have preferred to get the pre-Bs rather than the "A" model. I don't like fighting with the magwell and want all the mags to work with any gun. But, having shot his, I may not be able to hold that line much longer.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I am heavily considering either the fair condition one from Buds for $299 or this nickel from CDI Sales on GB. My only concern about the nickel is the bore looks pitted in the picture, but it doesn't state that in the description, and I know that seller is good about his descriptions so maybe it's just a dirty bore.
    CZ-75 9mm Pistol - NICKEL : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    After dealing with CDI for a few years I have complete confidence in them. It's funny, I just put that one on my watch list before you posted it. No worries, I has no moneys.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There seems to still be quite a few "A" models still available although the prices are going up. There are a lot of pre-B and B models available in really good shape. With the 85, a B and a pre-B I'm not sure I can justify another one. My intention was to get an "A" model and leave it stock or maybe add some springs, etc. We will see how everything pans out. I have to focus on some debts right now.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Where are you going, at 10:00 pm, or did you already go ?????

We went at 6:30 or so. Had a pretty good time.
    Yes, you have to say yes when the wife wants to go shoot... :rockwoot:

Exactly. Yes was the only correct response... :D

I am heavily considering either the fair condition one from Buds for $299 or this nickel from CDI Sales on GB. My only concern about the nickel is the bore looks pitted in the picture, but it doesn't state that in the description, and I know that seller is good about his descriptions so maybe it's just a dirty bore.
    CZ-75 9mm Pistol - NICKEL : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

That nickel looks sweet! ;)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If that's the actual picture of the gun it looks pretty good. I was very impressed with Rusty's. Don't tell him I said that. ;)
    Yeah, they really shouldn't use that picture for the poor ones... Lots of people will be disappointed. I'd imagine they have more now because people sent theirs back after receiving some like mine.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    There seems to still be quite a few "A" models still available although the prices are going up. There are a lot of pre-B and B models available in really good shape. With the 85, a B and a pre-B I'm not sure I can justify another one. My intention was to get an "A" model and leave it stock or maybe add some springs, etc. We will see how everything pans out. I have to focus on some debts right now.
    I plan to modify the magwell to accept any mag. Just need to order a mag and sit down to do it. It's not on my must do list right now because I'm almost out of 9mm ammo..

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I plan to modify the magwell to accept any mag. Just need to order a mag and sit down to do it. It's not on my must do list right now because I'm almost out of 9mm ammo..
    I'm almost out of 9 as well. I am having mag well issues with the 85. We'll see how it all works out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom