Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Wizard is considering doing the same thing. He wants a transitional pre-B so he can change the sights, etc.

I've got to admit, I was a bit disappointed when I got the transitional pre-B since I was hoping for an earlier one, but within a couple of minutes, I realized that the transitional pre-B might just be the best CZ 75 available. It has all the bells and whistles of the B, but the trigger feel of the pre-B. Last night, while swapping back to the SAO trigger, I launched that detent part across the room and really appreciate the fact that the transitional guns have the much easier later style detent. On a side note, I need to stop sipping a rum and Coke while working on the guns. I think the airspace in the gun room would be populated with a lot fewer flying bits and pieces then.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've got to admit, I was a bit disappointed when I got the transitional pre-B since I was hoping for an earlier one, but within a couple of minutes, I realized that the transitional pre-B might just be the best CZ 75 available. It has all the bells and whistles of the B, but the trigger feel of the pre-B. Last night, while swapping back to the SAO trigger, I launched that detent part across the room and really appreciate the fact that the transitional guns have the much easier later style detent. On a side note, I need to stop sipping a rum and Coke while working on the guns. I think the airspace in the gun room would be populated with a lot fewer flying bits and pieces then.

He and I share the old eyes problem. Having to keep stock sights is a deal breaker for him.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I had to break down and list my little P64 on Armslist. Man, I hate dealing with the unknown.

I've looked at your ad about 100 times. If it were 9mm Luger I'd be all over it. That gun looks really cool to me. Just out of curiosity, how's the size compare to say the Rami?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Those are the updated ones with changes. The Sistema ones were made using colt supplied tooling and parts are interchangeable with a standard govt model.

Thanks, I thought it was something like that. I remember the BMs being much cheaper and a lot more available than what I just saw on GB.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ballester Molina?

Neither actually. The one's I was looking at were '30s commercial production Colts done for the Argentinians. The Systema's were done on Colt tooling in Argentina and the Ballester Molina's were a home grown variation of the 1911 that used the same slide, but a modified frame with a hinged trigger. I looked at those and procrastinated on the purchase until the market made my decision for me. Sucks when that happens.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've looked at your ad about 100 times. If it were 9mm Luger I'd be all over it. That gun looks really cool to me. Just out of curiosity, how's the size compare to say the Rami?

Much thinner than a RAMI. Think Walther PP. The ammo isn't bad. It's a little hotter than a .380 and it goes bang every time. I like having it around because it is very reliable and it slips into a jacket pocket for quick runs to the store, etc. It is a handful to shoot. You wouldn't take a hundred rounds to the range and want to run through it in one trip. I wouldn't sell it but I have some commitments that I really need to get met.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    He and I share the old eyes problem. Having to keep stock sights is a deal breaker for him.

Unless I'm shooting beyond 10 yards, I don't even look at the sights any more. My dominant eye is still not 100%, so I just keep it closed if I need to use the sights. Inside of 10 yards, I just point shoot.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Hey Tom, I might be interested in those. Those would be perfect for the 40P, once I get it back. How much do you want for them?

I was thinking $50. I only had them on the gun for a short while before I swapped back the stock black rubber grips. I see you'll be at the 1500 tomorrow, so I could either bring them with me there, or just bring them to the group shoot. Let me know.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was thinking $50. I only had them on the gun for a short while before I swapped back the stock black rubber grips. I see you'll be at the 1500 tomorrow, so I could either bring them with me there, or just bring them to the group shoot. Let me know.

I'm not 100% on the 1500 tomorrow, so let's plan on the group shoot on Sunday. $50 is more than fair for those.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom