Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I need to clean some guns tonight after work. I also need to decide what to take tomorrow for Range Day #2 this week. I will definitely get the P64 cleaned up and take that. That is, if the ammo arrives today. Not paying outrageous prices to buy it off the shelf.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all...:coffee:

Gotta be honest... my younger brother recently picked up a PPQ M2 around the holidays, and I was smitten so much I got a PPQ M1 with the paddle-style magazine release. This trigger is INSANE for a striker-fired factory gun, and my longish fingers absolutely love the paddle release. And being a bit of an an OCD guy, I really appreciate the ambidextrous symmetry of this gun. It's a honey of a bulls-eye machine. I'm an OK shot, but very rarely can I pick up a brand-new gun and put a round through the same hole over and over again.

This almost has a "cajunized" trigger right out of the gate. No, it's not as good as what llh1956 has done to my 75B and P-01, but holy wow, is this a sweet trigger. The only drawback I can find on this gun is that it's plastic, but I'm not going to lie... it really is every bit the fantastic I've read about.

Walther%20PPQ%20M1_zpsy8xdd0ig.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Yep, I agree that the PPQ has the best trigger of any striker fired gun. The closest competitor is probably the VP9. I used to have the 5" version of the PPQ and loved it.

Ditto, just picked up my second PPQ M1, should not have sold my first one. Awesome factory trigger with great ergos! CZ

I had the M2 and will be buying one again. That might be the gun I look for at the 1500 on the 18th. The 5" version I had was great and slightly more accurate than the 4" version, but I want to get the combat size version and try it out again. :D

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Morning all...:coffee:

Yep, I agree that the PPQ has the best trigger of any striker fired gun. The closest competitor is probably the VP9. I used to have the 5" version of the PPQ and loved it.

I had the M2 and will be buying one again. That might be the gun I look for at the 1500 on the 18th. The 5" version I had was great and slightly more accurate than the 4" version, but I want to get the combat size version and try it out again. :D

I remember that 5" PPQ you had, it was insanely accurate!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Gotta be honest... my younger brother recently picked up a PPQ M2 around the holidays, and I was smitten so much I got a PPQ M1 with the paddle-style magazine release. This trigger is INSANE for a striker-fired factory gun, and my longish fingers absolutely love the paddle release. And being a bit of an an OCD guy, I really appreciate the ambidextrous symmetry of this gun. It's a honey of a bulls-eye machine. I'm an OK shot, but very rarely can I pick up a brand-new gun and put a round through the same hole over and over again.

This almost has a "cajunized" trigger right out of the gate. No, it's not as good as what llh1956 has done to my 75B and P-01, but holy wow, is this a sweet trigger. The only drawback I can find on this gun is that it's plastic, but I'm not going to lie... it really is every bit the fantastic I've read about.

Walther%20PPQ%20M1_zpsy8xdd0ig.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

I remember that 5" PPQ you had, it was insanely accurate!

Yep. I miss it, but I always wanted the shorter combat version. I just saw the Grab a Gun has them for less than $550 and I'm sitting here debating on ordering...lol! I'm trying to decide if I want to wait and see if I can find a better price at the 1500, but it's hard not to just click add to cart... :):

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :coffee: Morning folks.
    My ammo locker is very satisfied currently. I can now move onto other things on the list.

I have a little story to share from yesterday. I am in a LGS and see a guy buying an XDS. Then the guy is at the checkout with a box of 9x18 Makarov, PPU to be exact (which says in large print "Makarov" right there on the box). The employee says "you know that ammo won't work in this gun, right?". Guy says "oh, well what ammo will?" (and sounded very confused on the ammo he actually needed).

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Yep. I miss it, but I always wanted the shorter combat version. I just saw the Grab a Gun has them for less than $550 and I'm sitting here debating on ordering...lol! I'm trying to decide if I want to wait and see if I can find a better price at the 1500, but it's hard not to just click add to cart... :):
    That is a very good price on the PPQ! Oh yea CZ!psyko

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My ammo locker is very satisfied currently. I can now move onto other things on the list.

I have a little story to share from yesterday. I am in a LGS and see a guy buying an XDS. Then the guy is at the checkout with a box of 9x18 Makarov, PPU to be exact (which says in large print "Makarov" right there on the box). The employee says "you know that ammo won't work in this gun, right?". Guy says "oh, well what ammo will?" (and sounded very confused on the ammo he actually needed).

Oy! :ugh:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Ibuprofen is what allows me to sleep. With out it I get maybe 3 to 4 hours. With it 6 is possible.
    Pain is my alarm clock.
    Ibuprofen is good, just be careful to not abuse it. I was hitting it pretty hard and think that it contributed to the stroke. I get a lot of headaches and my day would start with 4 ibuprofen, followed by 4 more at 2 1/2 hour intervals until the headache broke. If it lasted until noon, I'd chase it with a beer and that would help to get rid of it. Now that I know that ibuprofen can cause high blood pressure, I shudder to think of how much I was taking.

I'm guessing that he was buying his first pistol and has no idea that there are different flavors of 9mm. Our ammo naming system can be confusing to a newbie who might not realize that there is a difference between some ammo types. If you know that you can shoot .38 Special in a .357 Mag, then to them it makes sense that 38 Super should fit too. I'm guessing he thought that Makarov was just the brand or bullet style. In today's world, there's info everywhere and a bit of research before buying should clear that up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Ibuprofen is good, just be careful to not abuse it. I was hitting it pretty hard and think that it contributed to the stroke. I get a lot of headaches and my day would start with 4 ibuprofen, followed by 4 more at 2 1/2 hour intervals until the headache broke. If it lasted until noon, I'd chase it with a beer and that would help to get rid of it. Now that I know that ibuprofen can cause high blood pressure, I shudder to think of how much I was taking.

I take 1 800 Mg right before bed every night.
    Occasionally, like last night I will take one after or just before vigorous physical activity such as digging up the perimiter of the raised garden bed to put the errant dirt back up on the bed and build a retaining wall.................:faint:

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I take 1 800 Mg right before bed every night.
    Occasionally, like last night I will take one after or just before vigorous physical activity such as digging up the perimiter of the raised garden bed to put the errant dirt back up on the bed and build a retaining wall.................:faint:
    CM that wore me out just reading it! Lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom