• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well that went well. 122 rds without a single malfunction. Had 2 different mags not lock the slide open on the last round, marked the first one and it never did it again. Forgot tools and the sights need adjusted slightly, shooting a bit low at 10 yds. I just compensated. Shoots very soft, lots of fun. Has now become my favorite shooter.

First shots, getting used to her.

Second mag. I like it.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Well that went well. 122 rds without a single malfunction. Had 2 different mags not lock the slide open on the last round, marked the first one and it never did it again. Forgot tools and the sights need adjusted slightly, shooting a bit low at 10 yds. I just compensated. Shoots very soft, lots of fun. Has now become my favorite shooter.

First shots, getting used to her.

Second mag. I like it.

So we highly recommend?:dunno:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Looks good Rusty. Not sure if you are able to see my post. ;)
    I had to unignore you since no one would quote you. Don't say I blame them.... :wwub:

Yes CM there is snow still showing up here...

Barry, I would say highly recommended! They certainly could use some love, and the workmanship could be better, but for a workhorse I love it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just got back from MCFG a while ago. My son came up again and wanted to run his Sig P320 some more, so we grabbed ammo and hit the range. I took my Sig P938 along and ran 25 rounds through it just to keep comfortable with it. That's really a fun little gun to shoot. It's absolutely the opposite of the PF9 I had briefly. That thing sucked to shoot, but the P938 is a sweetheart by comparison. He ran 75 rounds through the P320 and then a box of Remington Golden Saber 185g +P. For this trip, I was coaching him on drawing from a holster and we played around with a timer a bit to establish a baseline first shot for him. His first shot was averaging 1.85 seconds, which is not too bad given this was the first time he has ever shot on the draw. I kept coaching him to slow down and work on the technique and he's getting a good draw stroke down. All in all, it was a good day. Especially since we found the range to be near empty today. I was sure we would run into others and have to share the bays, but it must just be too early in the spring for most shooters to venture out.

Edit: I should have mentioned that I did not take a CZ with me.

Second Edit: I forgot to mention, this was an interesting range trip for me since I think I may have to start teaching myself to shoot with my non-dominant eye. To put rounds on the steel, I had to shoot with my right eye closed, which is really weird after all the years of shooting with my dominant right eye. It will take some getting used to and hopefully, I can go back to normal but that may take months, if it happens at all.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just got back from MCFG a while ago. My son came up again and wanted to run his Sig P320 some more, so we grabbed ammo and hit the range. I took my Sig P938 along and ran 25 rounds through it just to keep comfortable with it. That's really a fun little gun to shoot. It's absolutely the opposite of the PF9 I had briefly. That thing sucked to shoot, but the P938 is a sweetheart by comparison. He ran 75 rounds through the P320 and then a box of Remington Golden Saber 185g +P. For this trip, I was coaching him on drawing from a holster and we played around with a timer a bit to establish a baseline first shot for him. His first shot was averaging 1.85 seconds, which is not too bad given this was the first time he has ever shot on the draw. I kept coaching him to slow down and work on the technique and he's getting a good draw stroke down. All in all, it was a good day. Especially since we found the range to be near empty today. I was sure we would run into others and have to share the bays, but it must just be too early in the spring for most shooters to venture out.

Edit: I should have mentioned that I did not take a CZ with me.

Second Edit: I forgot to mention, this was an interesting range trip for me since I think I may have to start teaching myself to shoot with my non-dominant eye. To put rounds on the steel, I had to shoot with my right eye closed, which is really weird after all the years of shooting with my dominant right eye. It will take some getting used to and hopefully, I can go back to normal but that may take months, if it happens at all.

Nice :yesway:

I can't wait until BGF range opens back up so I have a range I can practice drawing from the holster. I'm assuming they'll allow that, as they used to.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I shoot right handed through my dominant left eye, right eye must be closed for me to get the sights on target.

I'm also a right handed shooter who is left eye dominant. I've been practicing for a year or so to have both eyes open when shooting handguns and rifles. Some days are better than others.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I find myself lusting for something with a big wow factor. Not sure what that would be currently. What do you guys have on your want list that has a big wow factor?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I find myself lusting for something with a big wow factor. Not sure what that would be currently. What do you guys have on your want list that has a big wow factor?
    Quite a few blackpowder goodies and a cannon. Everybody needs a cannon. Everything else is just "meh" cool not :wow: cool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom