churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :laugh:

Whats this his I read about you screwing up a commander?

Commander will be fine when I get the broken tap out of it.
    Yesterday was one of those days. I should have not attempted to do anything except sit quietly by myself in a dim light.
    Everything I "Tried" to do ended badly.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Commander will be fine when I get the broken tap out of it.
    Yesterday was one of those days. I should have not attempted to do anything except sit quietly by myself in a dim light.
    Everything I "Tried" to do ended badly.

Man, that sucks. Hopefully, it comes out cleanly. I've buggered a few holes up with taps before. That's the quickest way I know to suck the energy out of a project.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Today has been another pretty good day. I won an auction last night and, today, the FFL went through on the first try and the seller was a business that actually had some customer service skills. :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man, that sucks. Hopefully, it comes out cleanly. I've buggered a few holes up with taps before. That's the quickest way I know to suck the energy out of a project.

I just found a 4-40 plug tap in stock and it is in hand.
    Now, warming the shop up and will see if I can get the broken one out.........:(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK....I removed the broken tap from the middle hole. Not as hard as some I have dealt with.

As built for the spouse.

The fasteners provided are always to long.....

There is a time and place for a Dremel.....

Tapping the holes with a much better tool.

Finished. Now she can do her laser point and shoot drills.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Morning folks! I need :coffee:, but can't do the caffine due to high blood pressure. Ugh!

All of my CZs were manual safety style until I bought the 40P off of WTB. BA is right, they are more of a PITA to work on, but that really does not cost you much if you are smart and have the Wizard do your tuning for you. Right now, my thought is that any new CZ will be a decocker style. The shape of the CZ safety does not inspire confidence in my ability to flick it off if needed. The decocker solves that issue for me.

This is what I do when I carry my non-decoker CZs. Once tuned, the trigger pull from the half cock notch is quite good.

I wish there was an extended, paddle style safety option for a CZ as there is on 1911s. All of my carry 1911s have the big safety and I've practiced with it enough to make flicking it off second nature. If I did not have 1911s, I'd probably be happier with the CZ safety, but I'm too used to the big paddle safety on the 1911 and am not confident that I'd hit the smaller safety on the CZ as well.

I've been playing around with it quite a bit, and was thinking I would carry safety off and half cock. The safety is not as positive as I'm used to. I like it to pop when I flip it off or on. The CZ does not do that. All those pictures of the Rami are making me want one. lol I think I will look up the wizard in a couple months.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Damn CM, that thing has come a long way from stock! Lots of love has gone into that one, blood, sweat and tears on my end.... Looks good!

All that remains is the slide/frame/slide stop/thumb safety.
    Everything else is after market pieces.
    Lots of love in this.
    I pushed to get it as I appreciate what you put into it. It is beautiful.
    Less is sometimes more.

I have the green laser in place. Spouse likes to use it for point and shoot drills while she developes the muscle memory/skill sets for self defense.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Went to the indoor range this morning, just took my P-07 and Sig 320 both a remarkable shooters !psyko

Ever since shooting T Dogg's and then my son's P320, I've been thinking that one of those needs to follow me home some day. The P320 in .45 is a seriously sweet gun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom