• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I was in Nashville today too. The wife and I went down around 1ish and wondered around until about 3 when we jumped back in the Fiat and headed north through the back roads. I filled the Fiat for the first time this year yesterday and put it back in the garage with an empty tank again today. It was really good weather for a little convertible on Indiana back roads. I put almost 180 miles on the Fiat this weekend.
    I'm somewhat missing my convertible now..... Oh well. I didn't keep track but put quite a few miles on both Pontiacs this weekend. Man it was great getting back behind the wheel of the lemans since the starter issues a couple months back.. As much as I love my GP, the lemans feels like "home". Have put almost 10,000 miles on it since July 2014 when we put it back on the road after sitting for about 5 years. One trip to Wichita, one to Lousiville, a couple to mid Ohio, Indy and back a few times and a butt load of driving around the Fort. Love that freakin car.... I need new pics of it. Something about a bench seat with a manual transmission....

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just wait until he starts color sanding the paneling after the clear coat cures. You can jump in with the buffer and bring it to the proper shine then. When the cedar is compounded and buffed out, it will look like a proper CM level of fit and finish.
    I suppose maybe some pin stripes wouldn't be out of the question.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The color is on the rounds and the frame. The stainless flats on the slide will remain in the raw but a Matt clear coat will be applied.

All buffing and pin stripping will be considered at a later date........:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom