Not open for further replies.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Get a stock bushing for it and see if it returns to near perfect...:)

Still confuses me how a bushing mod would make spent cases "Stick" in the chamber.
    Just darned odd.

I think I will take the 40 and first black out the ID of the 10X bushing to see exactly where contact is being made during cycling, the bottom of the ID is tapered for clearence from the ring where barrel bushing contact is made towards the back end of the bushing. Polish the chamber, clean the extractor with gun scrubber to wash out any accumulated crud then see how it shoots! Next change back to a stock bushing!

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It was a great morning for an early shoot. The DE is having mag issues, which seem to be getting worse over time. I was planning on running a couple of Wilson Combat .45 mags in it today, but forgot to bring them along. I need to order a set of quality mags for that gun. It deserves to be run with a good mag.

The 75B stainless ran perfectly except for a single round that would not chamber. I pocketed the round and upon closer examination, found that the bullet had a defect that would not let it chamber in any gun. So, the 75B was not the issue. While cleaning it, I checked the screw and it was still nice and tight. I really like that gun.

The third gun I took along was my Remington R1S. As usual, it ran perfectly. Love shooting that thing. Between the 75B and the R1S, I think I shot just fair today. I had some strings that were ringing steel as fast as I could pull the trigger, but would follow it with a string that would be back and forth to either side of the steel, with little joy. No matter though, it was still a great time to be at the range.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    While cleaning it, I checked the screw and it was still nice and tight. I really like that gun.

Hey Tim - if you get a minute, can you post a picture of this screw you've been wrestling with? Sounds like you have it nailed down now, but I can't quite get a good mental image of where the screw is.

Thanks!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think I will take the 40 and first black out the ID of the 10X bushing to see exactly where contact is being made during cycling, the bottom of the ID is tapered for clearence from the ring where barrel bushing contact is made towards the back end of the bushing. Polish the chamber, clean the extractor with gun scrubber to wash out any accumulated crud then see how it shoots! Next change back to a stock bushing!

Look at the hook on the extractor. Compare it with one you know is good.
    Also, 2 of those spent casing's were physically "Stuck" in the chamber. :dunno:
    The chamber passed the drop out test.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It was a great morning for an early shoot. The DE is having mag issues, which seem to be getting worse over time. I was planning on running a couple of Wilson Combat .45 mags in it today, but forgot to bring them along. I need to order a set of quality mags for that gun. It deserves to be run with a good mag.

The 75B stainless ran perfectly except for a single round that would not chamber. I pocketed the round and upon closer examination, found that the bullet had a defect that would not let it chamber in any gun. So, the 75B was not the issue. While cleaning it, I checked the screw and it was still nice and tight. I really like that gun.

The third gun I took along was my Remington R1S. As usual, it ran perfectly. Love shooting that thing. Between the 75B and the R1S, I think I shot just fair today. I had some strings that were ringing steel as fast as I could pull the trigger, but would follow it with a string that would be back and forth to either side of the steel, with little joy. No matter though, it was still a great time to be at the range.

I agree, it was a great morning. I enjoyed shooting that stainless 75B. What a sweetheart! Even nicer than the one I have and a lot better looking. The R1S was nice to shoot as well. I was disappointed that the TacOps was having issues, but I think I used a bit too much lube. Definitely slowed things down and I had jam after jam. First time I've ever had issues with that gun. Will clean it good tonight or tomorrow and see if I can get it back out to test. I will say that for such a little gun, I'm always happy to shoot my little Shield. That thing is a champ :)

Bummed that I failed my CCNA Security exam for the 2nd time. I have to figure out where to find the information I'm missing. Once I do that, I should be fine. Got a slightly lower score this time, with an 810 out of 1000. Need to get that magic 860 number... :(

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Got the grass cut for the first time this year. Went a little slower than usual, 2.5 hrs... Need to get back in the rhythm... Also did some cruising in the Grand Prix. Man I love that car. Feels good after a long day of work to just relax and cruise around, ok maybe not all that relaxed while dodging people texting and driving....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Got the grass cut for the first time this year. Went a little slower than usual, 2.5 hrs... Need to get back in the rhythm... Also did some cruising in the Grand Prix. Man I love that car. Feels good after a long day of work to just relax and cruise around, ok maybe not all that relaxed while dodging people texting and driving....

I was able to get the '69 Fiat out for about an hours drive today too. This is perfect weather to dust off the old iron that's been sitting all winter.

Hey Tim - if you get a minute, can you post a picture of this screw you've been wrestling with? Sounds like you have it nailed down now, but I can't quite get a good mental image of where the screw is.

Thanks!
    The screw is part #35 in the parts diagram for the 75B. I think that it's the same screw in just about all of the non-Omega CZs. When you look down on the frame with teh slide removed, it's at the front of the mag well, just behind the trigger group and retains two wire springs. One of those is the trigger bow lifter spring and the other is the mag catch release spring.
    CZ75Diagram.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    BA, that P-09 is sweet looking. I'd be very interested in hearing how it shoots with the comp added.
    CM, you must have gotten a better camera, your pic quality has much improved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom