• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    As my eye sight is becoming less reliable I am working more on silhouette point shooting.

One day I can see just fine. The next day maybe not so well for target shooting.

Man I know how that is. One days I am using these 1 inch circular stickers on the targets at 7 yards as focus points and blowing them away. The next week I have a hard time keeping the groups down to 8 inchs at 7 yeards. And forget about shooting at 25 yards. Getting old sucks.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    By the way, before I hit the classifieds, does anyone want, or know anyone who wants, a regulation slate pool table? Comes with an overhead 3 way lights, pool cues, balls, cover and other accessories. It's a nice setup. My Dad is wanting to get rid of it for room for my Aunt to move in.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man I know how that is. One days I am using these 1 inch circular stickers on the targets at 7 yards as focus points and blowing them away. The next week I have a hard time keeping the groups down to 8 inchs at 7 yeards. And forget about shooting at 25 yards. Getting old sucks.

That is my deal.
    A lot has to do with my Glucose levels on or around the days I am at the range. Has a lot to do with my vision or so it seems.

This is why I am starting to go back to "Combat" accurate. Mid Torso shots off a double tap.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    So why kind of holsters are you SP-01 guys using? Prefer Kydex to leather, looking for OWB. If I can convert from belt to war belt attachment even better. Only ones I can find are JM Custom Kydex and Blade Tec. Anything else out there?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ran across a guy who got a bicycle frame cerakoted. Has me :scratch:, I understand the use for firearms, but a bicycle? I'd think you'd want a little thicker finish. Seems like powdercoat would be a much better option.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The eyesight thing sucks. I'm struggling with closing one eye and keep forgetting which one I want to close. It still feels really odd to close my dominant eye. On Friday, I found that I was shooting pretty well when point shooting. I was able to keep it on steel about 90% at 7 yards on the draw and the few off the steel were very close to it. I need to practice with silhouette targets to make sure I can keep a double tap on paper, then work on the group size.

But, seriously, I'd rather lose about anything else before losing my vision.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    So why kind of holsters are you SP-01 guys using? Prefer Kydex to leather, looking for OWB. If I can convert from belt to war belt attachment even better. Only ones I can find are JM Custom Kydex and Blade Tec. Anything else out there?
    Contact Concealment makes one for the SP-01. Indiana company also, he is between Laporte and Michigan City.. You can order off of his website, Contact Concealment.com

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The eyesight thing sucks. I'm struggling with closing one eye and keep forgetting which one I want to close. It still feels really odd to close my dominant eye. On Friday, I found that I was shooting pretty well when point shooting. I was able to keep it on steel about 90% at 7 yards on the draw and the few off the steel were very close to it. I need to practice with silhouette targets to make sure I can keep a double tap on paper, then work on the group size.

But, seriously, I'd rather lose about anything else before losing my vision.

I have never been able to shoot with both eyes open. Just never worked for me and I tried.

On a quick target acquisition try looking down the side of the pistol. It is not as spot on accurate as sites but it is faster and battle accurate once mastered.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom