• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I shot the one TopDog has/had? Nice piece.

Mine is not threaded. I thought since Kriss was importing them the price would come down a bit. Looks like the price is holding steady.

(yes I still have it, you will have to pry it from my cold dead hands)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That nice, huh?

I think so. It is not as nice as a Cajunized CZ but close out of the box. I was comparing it to a couple of CZ's last Saturday as I was cleaning them all from a range detail. Fit and finish is nicer than a CZ. It is a CZ clone sort of. As such the three different materials used in the slide, upper frame and lower frame combined with the rubber bumper in the frame make for a nice shooting gun.

Now that seems like a reasonable price. I paid $965 at a LGS for mine about a year and half ago.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Tuned on 3 of my 1911's today.
    A new true radius sear in the race gun and adjusted the trigger pull to exactly 2.5 lbs.
    Re-polished all the internals

2 piece guide rod and some polishing in the newest member to the safe...SA RO

Worked on the ignition controls in the MilSpec. This one is just not going to do well with an ultra-lite trigger. I have had 2 other guns like this. They just did not like the light spring pressures. I did get the sweetest 4.5 lb trigger I have felt in a long time. Breaks clean at 4.5

Finished a GSG for a buddy.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    A new true radius sear in the race gun and adjusted the trigger pull to exactly 2.5 lbs.

Worked on the ignition controls in the MilSpec. This one is just not going to do well with an ultra-lite trigger. I have had 2 other guns like this. They just did not like the light spring pressures. I did get the sweetest 4.5 lb trigger I have felt in a long time. Breaks clean at 4.5

You have been busy. Spring put a burr under your butt?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Sounds like a good day CM. Regarding 1911s, I'm always amazed at how two different guns that should be identical in feel can be so different. It really is a testament to how much soul a 1911 or CZ has in its bones. Guys like you and the Wizard have a talent for finding the guns personality.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like a good day CM. Regarding 1911s, I'm always amazed at how two different guns that should be identical in feel can be so different. It really is a testament to how much soul a 1911 or CZ has in its bones. Guys like you and the Wizard have a talent for finding the guns personality.

Every 1911 is different in some way.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I've decided on what color to do the springer project in. It's going to be a pewter cerakote finish with blued controls and stainless accents (barrel bushing and maybe magwell). I'm thinking of doing a set of black VZ slants for grips. I have to do a once over on the parts to be cerakoted to be sure that everything is ready, but I'm hoping to have it off to AllenM by the end of this week.

One thing I did pick up for the gun was an EGW full length guide rod, plug and flat wire spring. Now that I have it in hand, I'm not so sure I want to use it on that one. The main reason is that it makes field stripping for cleaning a PITA. Functionally, it extends the spring life with the flat wire spring, but that's not really adding much to a full size 1911. Compacts sure, but full size 1911s run recoil springs 5000 rounds. I could see this being replaced with the factory setup after a couple of range trips and for now am thinking of just leaving it off the project.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom