The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got a quick trip to MCF&G today. Shot the scorpion, echelon and my 365x.

Need to put the Echelon on paper some time to adjust the sight and see what's going on there. Didn't feel like I was shooting well with it.

A few mags through the 365x just to stay on top of things. I like that eps carry.

And the Scorpion is just the smiles gun.

Watched a little bit of a 22 bench rest match. Those guys had some big heavy long barrel open class 22's with big tuners, etc.

Beautiful day. Back was letting me know when I needed to sit down for a bit, but better than last several weekends.

Sun on black metal makes for hot quick.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    So...I ordered a trigger, as stated. Now what AR15 caliber to go with?

Something fast and accurate for punching paper at distance. Ammo cost and availability not a factor. 6mm ARC, 22 Nosler, 6.5 Grendel, 224 Valkyrie? Other?

Thoughts?
    6mm ARC or 22 Nosler

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Got a quick trip to MCF&G today. Shot the scorpion, echelon and my 365x.

Need to put the Echelon on paper some time to adjust the sight and see what's going on there. Didn't feel like I was shooting well with it.

A few mags through the 365x just to stay on top of things. I like that eps carry.

And the Scorpion is just the smiles gun.

Watched a little bit of a 22 bench rest match. Those guys had some big heavy long barrel open class 22's with big tuners, etc.

Beautiful day. Back was letting me know when I needed to sit down for a bit, but better than last several weekends.

Sun on black metal makes for hot quick.
    I need to get out to MCFG, practice a bit and get back into those matches. Those open rifles and their rests are $omething el$e!

The factory class champion last year was using a CZ 452 american with a bipod. Some serious skill in that guy.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I need to get out to MCFG, practice a bit and get back into those matches. Those open rifles and their rests are $omething el$e!

The factory class champion last year was using a CZ 452 american with a bipod. Some serious skill in that guy.
    Yes they are. Check the schedule before you head out, some dirt work going on during the day during the week for a bit.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The sun was shining today here in east Texas. I put on a tank top and started mowing the grass that hadn’t been touched in 3 weeks. We got close to 18” of rain in the three weeks since I cut.

6 hours later, I look like I’ve been working in the fields of Nicaragua for the past 30 years.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    So...I ordered a trigger, as stated. Now what AR15 caliber to go with?

Something fast and accurate for punching paper at distance. Ammo cost and availability not a factor. 6mm ARC, 22 Nosler, 6.5 Grendel, 224 Valkyrie? Other?

Thoughts?
    I as well ordered a trigger, well two. Along with all the other parts to build a new AR. This will be a 22LR AR on an INGO lower when I am done.

I just have to decide which AR gets the Rise trigger, and which one gets the Timney.

I cant say much on which caliber, as I have no experience with anything other than 9mm, 22LR, and 5.56.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The sun was shining today here in east Texas. I put on a tank top and started mowing the grass that hadn’t been touched in 3 weeks. We got close to 18” of rain in the three weeks since I cut.

6 hours later, I look like I’ve been working in the fields of Nicaragua for the past 30 years.
    18"?

Not sure I trust you measurement standards....just sayin'

Top Bottom