The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I'm about to have an entire CZ arsenal lol, I do get paid next week, so I might actually throw my bid in. Thanks for sending that my way!
    Whether you win or lose this auction, stop by the shop. For a small shop, they have an amazing collection of firearms for sale at really good prices.

I was barely able to stay focused and only pick up the Hellcat Pro that I won. Must have been channeling my inner @T-DOGG (aka skin flint) that day to get out the door with only the one pistol.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was barely able to stay focused and only pick up the Hellcat Pro that I won. Must have been channeling my inner @T-DOGG (aka skin flint) that day to get out the door with only the one pistol.
    In that case you would have gone home shaking your head about the prices of those guns, then went and picked up all the tooling to make your own second hand...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have this one on my 457 MTR and although I am a novice with scopes have been happy shooting ARA matches with it. Being that it is on a rifle I use only for benchrest shooting being SFP is not an issue. Glass is pretty nice for the $$

I have this on my “long range” .308 and it is FFP and a fine scope for the money. Have shot out to 600 yds with it on a LR308

Looking hard at this one. They say they use Japanese glass and it's very good.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

My you have big knobs! Sorry - inside joke.

Those Arkens are stellar scopes. Lots of features. I have looked through and shot a number of them that t-dogg has had. All pretty stellar for the money. Really nice reticle for 22 shooting, IIRC. Tight eyebox at max mag but that goes with territory.

Maybe @Born2vette can post links to a couple video reviews he shared with me many moons ago????

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

My you have big knobs! Sorry - inside joke.

Those Arkens are stellar scopes. Lots of features. I have looked through and shot a number of them that t-dogg has had. All pretty stellar for the money. Really nice reticle for 22 shooting, IIRC. Tight eyebox at max mag but that goes with territory.

Maybe @Born2vette can post links to a couple video reviews he shared with me many moons ago????
    Just a couple. There are some that claim Arken is better than scopes twice their price. I have no clue but in a budget scope (under $500) they seem to me to be a good value.

I like this reviewer (@T-DOGG led me to him) and this is an older review of a scope like mine but without the Japanese glass.

Another

If you get an Arken make sure you watch a couple of videos on setting up the turrets.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The 226 rocks.

Was hot out there, but spent a few minutes zeroing the 226's optic. Yep, liking this.

That said metal frame guns get hot in the sun. Who knew?

Now I need to get on Greg Cote or possibly Lanbo's and order some mags and I need to figure out an optic for the 229.

I forgot to try the 226 mags in the 229 to confirm function as someone was trying to get in the bay as I was packing up.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I'm convinced that you, Bandit, and Tarzan have ALL of the best toys ! :D
    (I do like Eotech products)
    Your toys arent to shabby either brother. :chest:

I think Bandit and Tarzan have me beat by a longshot. I dont think my toys are the best by any means but I am a picky f'er. :cool:

I like Eotech too just don't have a place for it atm and thought I could help.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a Eotech E-FLX not being used atm if you're interested.
    Thanks, appreciate that. Let me think about it. I'm also discussing a couple of optics with Allen as well.
    What size dot does your Eotech have? I see they come with either 3 or 6 MOA on those (?)

Top Bottom