The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I'm eyeing up this one currently.
    I have this one on my 457 MTR and although I am a novice with scopes have been happy shooting ARA matches with it. Being that it is on a rifle I use only for benchrest shooting being SFP is not an issue. Glass is pretty nice for the $$

I have this on my “long range” .308 and it is FFP and a fine scope for the money. Have shot out to 600 yds with it on a LR308

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I'm about to have an entire CZ arsenal lol, I do get paid next week, so I might actually throw my bid in. Thanks for sending that my way!
    Although its a neat rifle and somewhat unusual you may be better served leaving it for the collectors (@mcapo). If you want a fun to shoot 22 that you can easily get parts, mags and upgrades to, possibly suppress at some point you may be better served with something like this for about $430 new + shipping although I have seen them used for less from time to time

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    Although its a neat rifle and somewhat unusual you may be better served leaving it for the collectors (@mcapo). If you want a fun to shoot 22 that you can easily get parts, mags and upgrades to, possibly suppress at some point you may be better served with something like this for about $430 new + shipping although I have seen them used for less from time to time

I don't mind going used, especially if I get a deal. Pretty much all I'd really use a 22 for is plinking/fun or to teach the GF to shoot. I'll shop around and see what I can find those 457 for used.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I don't mind going used, especially if I get a deal. Pretty much all I'd really use a 22 for is plinking/fun or to teach the GF to shoot. I'll shop around and see what I can find those 457 for used.
    I would never tell someone not to buy a gun so this is more like me suggesting you buy two. lol Let's be honest I participated in a Hi-point purchase with other miscreants herein - so - I would buy anything.

A 451 is an out of production firearm that had various levels of quality throughout its history. The last of them generally are not known for being stellar - though some are. If that one listed for auction was a much older one, I would be all over it like (insert analogy here).

It will probably end up selling for something not far off of a 457?

A new/used 452/455/457 will be miles better.

So really you should buy a 451/452/455/457 and throw in a 512 just to be safe.

Then we can really get started on making some further purchases. ;-)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Honestly in that case, go with a semi auto... More fun for plinking and a new shooter. Then with some of the money you saved, put a dot and a supressor on it to increase the smiles per gallon.

Or if you are @mcapo you just buy all of the above.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    3H4A2148%20copy-XL.jpg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I would never tell someone not to buy a gun so this is more like me suggesting you buy two. lol Let's be honest I participated in a Hi-point purchase with other miscreants herein - so - I would buy anything.

A 451 is an out of production firearm that had various levels of quality throughout its history. The last of them generally are not known for being stellar - though some are. If that one listed for auction was a much older one, I would be all over it like (insert analogy here).

Speaking of your scopes.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Man, what a PITA. Trying to reload .20 VarTarg. Been a while. Cases grew. Found 2 after cleaning with split necks. No .20 cal pilot for trimmer. Found 17 cases out of 50 that were inside case length. Destroyed 1 seating a bullet. So I have exactly 16 rounds with which I can sight in this pistol .. Got a buddy with a groundhog problem I'd like to solve with these. We'll see how it goes.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

I’m in for whatever number has a set trigger and excellent barrel in .223 or 22-250.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Man, what a PITA. Trying to reload .20 VarTarg. Been a while. Cases grew. Found 2 after cleaning with split necks. No .20 cal pilot for trimmer. Found 17 cases out of 50 that were inside case length. Destroyed 1 seating a bullet. So I have exactly 16 rounds with which I can sight in this pistol .. Got a buddy with a groundhog problem I'd like to solve with these. We'll see how it goes.

No experience with it but what a cool caliber.

Pistol? TC?

Top Bottom