The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    We should start a boycott!!
    Maybe an email blast?
    Maybe start a web page?

I agree with you, just trying to use humor to express the futility of the net we’re caught in.
    Where do we go from here? What’s next?
    It’s pretty difficult considering social media is considered to be protected under the first amendment, even though much of social media is harmful or at least in need of moderation. Pretty difficult when someone like Elon is in the pockets of a lot of these politicians, and owns one of the largest and influential social media platforms. The amount of horrible things festering on there that he more or less endorses via complacency in the name of free speech is mind boggling.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It’s pretty difficult considering social media is considered to be protected under the first amendment, even though much of social media is harmful or at least in need of moderation. Pretty difficult when someone like Elon is in the pockets of a lot of these politicians, and owns one of the largest and influential social media platforms. The amount of horrible things festering on there that he more or less endorses via complacency in the name of free speech is mind boggling.
    Our dear departed friend, Mr. Churchmouse, once explained to me that the problem today isn't the information (or mis-information), it is the volume. Everything is set on 11.

I found a lot of wisdom in that.

People have the right to be stupid. Look at me, I've made a career of it. If someone reads what the see on the internet as fact without "peeling back the onion", well stupid is as stupid, uh, reads on the internet.

I seriously doubt Elon is in anyone's pocket. That dude marches to his own drum that he built from raw materials he mined, refined and manufactured....

....but we try to keep political discussion to a minimum herein. Not that it doesn't come up from time to time (and it is fine when it does) but INGO has better places for discussion of such topics.

We like to remain laser focused in this thread. :lmfao:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I rather think it comes down to personal responsibility, as in if you have a kid then be a parent, don’t participate in un-responsible behavior in the real OR on the internet.

I’d bet most of us can “feel” our brains being or have been rewired from all this. At least the older crowd.
    I mean, why in the h-e-double hockey sticks would I go back a page to see who had liked or laughed at my post?!? In the world of 10 years ago that was irrational behavior. Now it’s normal. We’ve been reprogrammed. Watch a futuristic movie where everyone is dumb. We’re about there.

Man I hope I’m not the only one. This could be embarrassing.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Our dear departed friend, Mr. Churchmouse, once explained to me that the problem today isn't the information (or mis-information), it is the volume. Everything is set on 11.

People have the right to be stupid. Look at me, I've made a career of it. If someone reads what the see on the internet as fact without "peeling back the onion", well stupid is as stupid, uh, reads on the internet.

I seriously doubt Elon is in anyone's pocket. That dude marches to his own drum that he built from raw materials he mined, refined and manufactured....

....but we try to keep political discussion to a minimum herein. Not that it doesn't come up from time to time (and it is fine when it does) but INGO has better places for discussion of such topics.

Oops sorry!

CZ!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I rather think it comes down to personal responsibility, as in if you have a kid then be a parent, don’t participate in un-responsible behavior in the real OR on the internet.

I’d bet most of us can “feel” our brains being or have been rewired from all this. At least the older crowd.
    I mean, why in the h-e-double hockey sticks would I go back a page to see who had liked or laughed at my post?!? In the world of 10 years ago that was irrational behavior. Now it’s normal. We’ve been reprogrammed. Watch a futuristic movie where everyone is dumb. We’re about there.

Personal responsibility? Independent thought?

Seriously, man, you are crazy.

:stickpoke: :lmfao:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

So I think we should all agree to NOT like any of Ditcherman's post for the next 30 days and then check his mental health level.

Um. For science, of course.

I jest as you are most accurate in your statements.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel

It certainly is the responsibility of parents/loved ones. It takes a village, etc. etc. but to keep it short and sweet, my point was that for the many neglected kids raised by guardians that aren’t fully aware of the internet are easily exposed to things that probably shouldn’t be a google search away anyways.

I can also agree with that. I won’t respond to everything but I will concede that I’m not aware of Elon being in anyone’s pockets, just that I find it highly likely of someone of his status and wealth.

..Moving on, back to cz talk. Who cares about the state of our civilization when hammer fired czech firearm perfection exists amirite?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It certainly is the responsibility of parents/loved ones. It takes a village, etc. etc. but to keep it short and sweet, my point was that for the many neglected kids raised by guardians that aren’t fully aware of the internet are easily exposed to things that probably shouldn’t be a google search away anyways.
    It certainly doesn't take a village, mine grew up in liberial Maryland with a Conservative single dad from 10 and 12 yrs old.
    They had and still have an involved parent 25 and 27.
    Now back to CZ.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Does that have a set trigger?
    My lgs guy tells me of a CZ55x something he has in 22-250 with a set trigger that is just the best. But he won’t sell it, probably ever.
    I don’t even know if the set trigger really matters much?
    Not sure? Kinda looks like a Timney sitting so far back?

Set triggers are a pretty slick way to have a hair trigger and a hunting trigger in the same gun.

Wish I had bought up a bunch of CZ rifles back in the day.... #8654 on the regret list.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom