The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I’d like to think so. The cz community has been one of the most supportive, welcoming, and knowledgeable groups I’ve ever been in. G***k people stay busy arguing amongst themselves trying to justify spending 4k on a $400 gun, meanwhile cz guys tend to just go “Woo cz!!!” every time someone posts one. It’s great.

$4k on $400 gun?

Pfft. Rookie numbers.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I hear you. As for holosun prices, carry optics run you roughly $300 last I saw, plus optic cut. Theoretically doable. I do know I will have it shipped off for trigger work at one point, I just want to make sure I train with a “bad” trigger before I go spoiling myself. (I’ve never considered da/sa triggers to be bad, they’re what I’m most accurate with, even da.) So mechanical upgrades are probably first. Then grips, more mags, train, get a light, train more, then get an optic.

Also concerning the optic, I’m not proficient with them. Hardly ever used them in my lifetime, really. It’s not too late to start, though. And yes, I am a youngin, I wasn’t even half way through high school before the pandemic hit if that tells you anything..
    I’ll echo what Ditcherman said about red dots. I’ve tried several cheap dots ($100-150 price point) and they are junk. Each one got promptly returned. Unclear windows with parallax problems, dots were not crisp and threw light to edges of the window. You get what you pay for and in my opinion Holosun is the cheapest dot that has acceptable performance, especially for an EDC. I actually prefer Holosun to other comparable dots because their dot still looks crisp to me despite an astigmatism. I’ve stuck with Holosun just because I know it works for me. Which brings up another point: Everyone’s eyes are different and see dots differently. You need to try several brands and models out to see what works best for you. Get with some friends who have dots or some of the guys here and try different ones. You’re always welcome to shoot any of mine if you want to get together. Some stores even have display models of different dots that you can handle and look through. Find out what you like and save up for it.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    I’ll echo what Ditcherman said about red dots. I’ve tried several cheap dots ($100-150 price point) and they are junk. Each one got promptly returned. Unclear windows with parallax problems, dots were not crisp and threw light to edges of the window. You get what you pay for and in my opinion Holosun is the cheapest dot that has acceptable performance, especially for an EDC. I actually prefer Holosun to other comparable dots because their dot still looks crisp to me despite an astigmatism. I’ve stuck with Holosun just because I know it works for me. Which brings up another point: Everyone’s eyes are different and see dots differently. You need to try several brands and models out to see what works best for you. Get with some friends who have dots or some of the guys here and try different ones. You’re always welcome to shoot any of mine if you want to get together. Some stores even have display models of different dots that you can handle and look through. Find out what you like and save up for it.
    I have tried a 507c which I did like. I also have astigmatism so that’s good to know. I was probably going to get it k/rmsc cut if/when I do, and go with an eps carry from Holosun most likely. Time will tell though.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I have tried a 507c which I did like. I also have astigmatism so that’s good to know. I was probably going to get it k/rmsc cut if/when I do, and go with an eps carry from Holosun most likely. Time will tell though.
    Stop by Range USA, they carry most red dots and have them in a display case. Ask and you can look through them.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    The 507"c" will require a plate on your gun but, as you mention, an RMSc will direct mount.

Last edited:

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    Hey y'all, does INGO have a specific place for sort of breaking new? I ask because there were apparently threats made to a middle school in Greenwood, and was wanting to potentially make a post so people are aware. General Political Discussion is the only place I can think of to post it. I've also already submitted a tip to GWPD

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hey y'all, does INGO have a specific place for sort of breaking new? I ask because there were apparently threats made to a middle school in Greenwood, and was wanting to potentially make a post so people are aware. General Political Discussion is the only place I can think of to post it. I've also already submitted a tip to GWPD

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    Makes you wonder what these kids are going through to end up like this. Sad times.
    Unchecked mental health and being written off is one heck of a thing. While I'm at work I have those true crime docs on YouTube play in the background, and then I'll look up some of the case files when I get a free minute. And the paper trail/straight negligence is interesting to look back on. So many warning signs to begin with.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Unchecked mental health and being written off is one heck of a thing. While I'm at work I have those true crime docs on YouTube play in the background, and then I'll look up some of the case files when I get a free minute. And the paper trail/straight negligence is interesting to look back on. So many warning signs to begin with.
    Can’t argue with that. If I hadn’t had a support system I’d likely be dead by now, to put it plainly. A lot of my issues could be traced back to times where I was neglected or left alone to my own devices, along with social media. The digital age and its lack of tactful integration/monitoring in my opinion has lead to much of our problems interpersonally. A lot of these kids don’t see the people around them as their peers anymore, it just doesn’t click with them. A lot of them don’t know how to reach out if they need help or are told not to, and they don’t know how to interact face to face. It’s pretty sad.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I remember when all we had to worry about was the Russian nuking us while at school. We were trained to duck and cover. I am sure we would have been fine had they attacked....I was at the very tail end of such events. By the time I had reached middle school, these drills had been re-named to "tornado drills".

Once MindfulMind was on the job, it didn't take long for the Russians to give up.

1726498804782.jpeg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Can’t argue with that. If I hadn’t had a support system I’d likely be dead by now, to put it plainly. A lot of my issues could be traced back to times where I was neglected or left alone to my own devices, along with social media. The digital age and its lack of tactful integration/monitoring in my opinion has lead to much of our problems interpersonally. A lot of these kids don’t see the people around them as their peers anymore, it just doesn’t click with them. A lot of them don’t know how to reach out if they need help or are told not to, and they don’t know how to interact face to face. It’s pretty sad.

In my opinion the internet is to blame for near everything.

I mean that slightly in jest but just slightly.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    In my opinion the internet is to blame for near everything.

I mean that slightly in jest but just slightly.
    We should start a boycott!!
    Maybe an email blast?
    Maybe start a web page?

I agree with you, just trying to use humor to express the futility of the net we’re caught in.
    Where do we go from here? What’s next?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Once MindfulMind was on the job, it didn't take long for the Russians to give up.
    I owe credit to being fascinated with weaponry from an early age ! :rockwoot:

i-Nz3r9fB-L.jpg

Top Bottom