The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    For those of you who have Cajunized/upgraded your CZ pistols in the past, what parts do you think are the most worth upgrading, and what should be upgraded first. Thinking about doing a few upgrades to my P07, but don't know what to start on.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Good late morning CZ fans.

Looking for suggestions. I'm working on an 18" 223 AR build as you may remember. I'm leaning strongly towards a Viper PST II 1-6x24 LPVO. AA optics has a refurb as of now. I like all the specs of it, but I've read some folks having issues with reliability/durability. I don't have a budget for a Nighforce or Trijicon offering. Any advice is welcome.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Looking for suggestions. I'm working on an 18" 223 AR build as you may remember. I'm leaning strongly towards a Viper PST II 1-6x24 LPVO. AA optics has a refurb as of now. I like all the specs of it, but I've read some folks having issues with reliability/durability. I don't have a budget for a Nighforce or Trijicon offering. Any advice is welcome.
    Might check this out. It's got good ratings.
    Warranty is same as Vortex.
    As an alternative to Vortex I guess.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country

I have a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 that I've been happy with for a budget friendly optic. Hasnt let me down once. I did save my pennies and nickels up and got a Trijicon Credo 1-8 and doubt I'll ever be going back. The SE isn't being used so give me a shout if you're interested.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    For those of you who have Cajunized/upgraded your CZ pistols in the past, what parts do you think are the most worth upgrading, and what should be upgraded first. Thinking about doing a few upgrades to my P07, but don't know what to start on.
    Well, I can tell you what I planned to do to it, considering it was mine before lol. I was going to get the full pro kit for it, make sure everything was polished and smoothed out, and just stick with that.

If you wanted to go a cheaper route you could get an mcarbo spring kit, those are supposedly very helpful from what I’ve heard, and don’t break the bank.

Could get a better guide rod and drop your recoil spring down a pound too.

That’s about all I planned on doing mechanically.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

I’d look hard at Arken or even Primary Arms in the LPVO realm.

Vortex is fine, too.

DO NOT but a Trijicon. It will forever destroy your optics budget.

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    Well, I can tell you what I planned to do to it, considering it was mine before lol. I was going to get the full pro kit for it, make sure everything was polished and smoothed out, and just stick with that.

If you wanted to go a cheaper route you could get an mcarbo spring kit, those are supposedly very helpful from what I’ve heard, and don’t break the bank.

Could get a better guide rod and drop your recoil spring down a pound too.

That’s about all I planned on doing mechanically.
    The pro kit was the route I was generally thinking of going. But you never know when someone in the community has a nugget of wisdom from owning the platform for years.

Also congrats to you and the GF!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Save up.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Also, figured you guys would be interested to hear that tomorrow is my girlfriend and I’s second anniversary! Going to have a nice dinner and potentially go to the library where we first met, if time allows.
    2 yrs?

May as well make it official and start making smart children.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 that I've been happy with for a budget friendly optic. Hasnt let me down once. I did save my pennies and nickels up and got a Trijicon Credo 1-8 and doubt I'll ever be going back. The SE isn't being used so give me a shout if you're interested.
    Just recently I have bought a few Vortex scopes, I grew tired of spending so much money on scopes that just sat of rifles in a safe.
    First one I bought I will come back and post what it is when I'm in the shop later today. I think its a big Venom???
    I bought two of the Venom 5-25 PST Gen 11 FFP with an ebr-7C MRAD and so far have been happy with them for what you get for $425.00 shipped to me.
    There are a 34MM tube, quality rings can be a bit difficult to find at times.
    Over the weekend I ordered a Venom 5-25 FFP with a EBR-7C MRAD it was a bit more at $950 bucks.
    I believe I will be happy with scopes from them, over spending two or three times the amount to put optics on the rifles I have that need them.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Just recently I have bought a few Vortex scopes, I grew tired of spending so much money on scopes that just sat of rifles in a safe.
    First one I bought I will come back and post what it is when I'm in the shop later today. I think its a big Venom???
    I bought two of the Venom 5-25 PST Gen 11 FFP with an ebr-7C MRAD and so far have been happy with them for what you get for $425.00 shipped to me.
    There are a 34MM tube, quality rings can be a bit difficult to find at times.
    Over the weekend I ordered a Venom 5-25 FFP with a EBR-7C MRAD it was a bit more at $950 bucks.
    I believe I will be happy with scopes from them, over spending two or three times the amount to put optics on the rifles I have that need them.
    I had 2 of the Venom 5-25 and was very happy with them but then got a hair in the wrong place and ended up with a couple US Optics 5-25 and extremely happy with them now. Yes my wallet took a hit on the first one but the second one was much easier on it. There may be another Trijicon in the future but it'll have to wait it's turn on the list.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    @llh1956 (Wizard) will know for sure what to do.

IIRC, I bought the pro package and he installed that and maybe a couple other goodies.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

Couple of ideas.

I am happy with my 5-25 strike eagle and there is a current deal for the 1-8 at PSA for optic and mount $260 with code STRIKE

Primary arms 1-8 with free mount $200

And Arken just came out (on labor day) with a new 1-6. Too new for any real world reviews but their offerings have been pretty solid in the past, mount sold separately.

Top Bottom