The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Morning everyone. Certainly a Monday. On the plus side, the ignition kit for the prodigy comes in today, so at least I have that to look forward to, after that I’ll be getting a toolless guide rod, new trigger shoe and bow, slide stop, and mag release.

Continued prayers for everyone struggling!

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Quick question for you all, what do you guys use to polish your parts? What I was mostly seeing was to use Flitzs metal polish and a fine grit file or dremel with a felt or cotton wheel. I was wondering if you guys had any input.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Quick question for you all, what do you guys use to polish your parts? What I was mostly seeing was to use Flitzs metal polish and a fine grit file or dremel with a felt or cotton wheel. I was wondering if you guys had any input.
    The answer would be as little as possible to achieve the desired result.

Seriously.

I would rather do a little more work with a less aggressive method than go in hard and fast. Keep in mind - I am not a professional - I just have a keyboard and the internet.

In order: Flitz is great with a microfiber towel. Felt wheels are great. 2000 grit for polish only (or other grits, as needed). Some 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper if some roughness. Polishing stones, as required and lastly, files when its gotta go.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Left Vienna and sailing towards Budapest tonight. Visited the summer palace today in Vienna, it’s good to be an emperor (irregardless of the inbreeding and people wanting you dead). 2600 room summer place ;)

View attachment 374271
    Gardens
    View attachment 374272
    Marie Antoinette, Sisi, Mozart, Napoleon and Norm....A LOT of famous people have walked those grounds.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    The answer would be as little as possible to achieve the desired result.

Seriously.

I would rather do a little more work with a less aggressive method than go in hard and fast. Keep in mind - I am not a professional - I just have a keyboard and the internet.

In order: Flitz is great with a microfiber towel. Felt wheels are great. 2000 grit for polish only (or other grits, as needed). Some 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper if some roughness. Polishing stones, as required and lastly, files when its gotta go.
    I would also rather take my time, so thank you for that. All I really need to do is make sure all of the surfaces on this new ignition kit are without burrs and as smooth and effectively moving as possible.

I did plan on rounding off the top edge of the hammer face for smoother cycling so I might need a file or sandpaper, it just depends on how sharp of an angle it is I suppose. If that’s not a good idea, feel free to talk me out of it, I’m all ears.

Top Bottom