The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'll say this about Family Firearms, I have not bought anything from him yet, but I have emailed him on finding a couple of things and he was fairly quick to respond and very interactive, and looked out for me on something. I handled it locally and changed my mind on it and let him know that but he still came back to me to give me a crack at it before he put it up on the site, etc.

Seems like a standup guy.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'll say this about Family Firearms, I have not bought anything from him yet, but I have emailed him on finding a couple of things and he was fairly quick to respond and very interactive, and looked out for me on something. I handled it locally and changed my mind on it and let him know that but he still came back to me to give me a crack at it before he put it up on the site, etc.

I’ve made a purchase or three from them. Zero complaints.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    I remember the first time I had a pile of parts that used to be a CZ75….

I think the Prodigy is a Series 70 type? Try this video. It’s a pretty “easy” reassembly but orientation matters on parts. I still have to think about which way the sear orientates - even though it seems obvious.

Thanks for that. I had it most of the way back together last night and for some reason kept having issues with the safeties not going in all the way or not seating properly. The couple times I did get it to work I then had issues with the hammer not engaging with the sear. :scratch:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I have done business with them, and as you have done asked questions and they go out if their way to respond quickly. They ship fast also. I've never had a problem with them.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I took a walkabout after dinner.... my usual 1-miler.
    At first, the sun was in my eyes, and I didn'tunderstand what I was seeing.
    A daggum Geese convention in a neighbor's yard ! :dunno:

image000000%20-%202024-08-19T204652.340%20copy-L.jpg

Government birds. Where I used to live the local block captain would report anybody who bothered them to the DNR.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

I bought a 97B from them. Great experience.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Government birds. Where I used to live the local block captain would report anybody who bothered them to the DNR.
    Over the years, I have seen some interesting methods to keep them out of yards that abut a pond in subdivisions. From the mild to the wild!

Based on owner comments - the most successful systems seem to sprinklers with electronic eyes acting as a perimeter system. Triples as entertainment for young children and keeps the dog walkers in the pond easements.

Over the years I have learned to watch for such systems when walking a yard - just sayin....from experience.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Over the years, I have seen some interesting methods to keep them out of yards that abut a pond in subdivisions. From the mild to the wild!

Based on owner comments - the most successful systems seem to sprinklers with electronic eyes acting as a perimeter system. Triples as entertainment for young children and keeps the dog walkers in the pond easements.

Over the years I have learned to watch for such systems when walking a yard - just sayin....from experience.

The old house was on in an addition around a lake so the geese were there in high numbers. The block captain would watch for new neighbors to have "unlawful" activities when trying to drive hundreds of geese out of their yards.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I have done business with them, and as you have done asked questions and they go out if their way to respond quickly. They ship fast also. I've never had a problem with them.
    I recently picked up a used M&P 2.0 Metal 9mm LEO (all black and really cool!) from them. They contacted me to let me know that it wasn't something that they usually sell. He had contacted the distributor prior to contacting me to find out the condition of the pistol. They could not give him specifics but said the majority of what they get in are typically demos. Luckily this was the case and it was practically flawless, but they wanted to let me know that they couldn't guarantee the condition and that I would be purchasing at my own risk. Gave me the option to cancel or proceed. It was a no brainer for the price that was offered. I rolled the dice. I really appreciated them taking the time to investigate and give me a heads-up with options. Definitely good to go in my book!

Top Bottom