The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Yep, watched a military arms channel video on it not long after I bought one telling how it's not drop safe and not safe to carry :(
    It’s definitely safe enough, granted you don’t get the same peace of mind of a decocker and FPB though.

There’s a video on youtube called “Shadow 2 Compact - Drop Safe?” by CZ Armorer on youtube where he does what the rest of us won’t, and hits the hammer with a mallet (with a piece of wood in front of it) pretty hard, and it doesn’t even touch the primer with the stock firing pin.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Yep, watched a military arms channel video on it not long after I bought one telling how it's not drop safe and not safe to carry :(
    See...MAC says its junk - you should cut your losses and sell it to me!

Just skimmed through the video.....ehh...

I like MAC (Indiana guy and all) and he knows far more than I ever will but....he seems to have a tendency to overstate for the sake of clicks (which I suppose is his job). Plus - he seems to have the worst luck with breaking guns.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    It’s definitely safe enough, granted you don’t get the same peace of mind of a decocker and FPB though.

There’s a video on youtube called “Shadow 2 Compact - Drop Safe?” by CZ Armorer on youtube where he does what the rest of us won’t, and hits the hammer with a mallet (with a piece of wood in front of it) pretty hard, and it doesn’t even touch the primer with the stock firing pin.

Us? Have you meet us?

I am in for a test. WT has the test gun. I have a mallet. It is a rule around here that the "new" guy is the designated holder - so looks like you have that job.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I bought it fully intending it to never be carried, because I don't carry guns with safeties, so no issue for me... :dunno:

Yep! I don't see it as an issue - just an interesting design decision. Like MAC said (in another way) in the video, it was probably just a decision based in the realities of production costs/efficiency since it is a Shadow 2.

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    Getting an optic cut done is something I want to do. But I also don't want to mess up my original slide. Ive thought of buying a second slide to get milled. That way I can go back to OEM if I want. Finding someone local would be nice too.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    CZ might be coming out with optics ready P07/09s here soon. If they do I know what my next purchase is!
    View attachment 373155
    I wonder if we’ll only get an optic cut, or a whole second generation of the p07/p09 instead. I want to have hope since it’s supposed to be a “cool update to a current model”, but I’d still be happy with just the optic cut.

Top Bottom