The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The question is not who, but when.

Given the offers, I believe proper CZ etiquette is to shoot both pistols.

Perhaps one in each hand, empty magazines, insert new magazines, swap hands and empty magazines. Rinse, lather, repeat as necessary to determine which pistol is superior.

Arghggg ... bested by wt (again)
    1723492158193.gif

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    S&W released the revolver in a shorter, larger rimmed, cartridge than 45 Colt which caused some logistical grief. The 45 Colt of the 19th century was different from what we use today as the rim has been enlarged over time. It extracted easily from an SAA but not well from top break guns, same issue prevented lever guns from being chambered in it until the rims were changed.
    Great information as usual. Thanks.
    I learned something today.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    @Leadeye

Smith & Wesson Schofield revolvers. Does anyone make a one of those in 45Colt?

I remember seeing a western when I was around 10 or 12 that featured one. IIRC it was in Shane. I've not seen any outside of movies. Just wondering if they make a clone of them anymore?

I imagine if they do its probably going to be pricey.
    Yes Cimarron F.A. & Co. makes a nice reproduction of the Schofield revolvers. Mine is a 5” Barrel in .45 LC and it functions and shoots very well indeed! Price range $1,000 +/- IMG_4812.jpeg

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Oh boy, sounds like a lot of shooting to do! Not a bad problem to have! Give me a date and time and I’ll be there. :cool:

I’m out of work at 6 and free all weekend, if that helps.

I could bring my prodigy too, but it’ll be like the weird kid showing up to your friends birthday party because their mom invited him..

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    The CZickos will get a P01 in @stale_ranch hands in no time. Then he'll be hooked.:shoot:
    No doubt. Feels good in the hand but I for sure , but I had an itch for a 2011 that needed to be scratched. P01 is next! ;)

Also, for whatever reason I couldn’t find a reasonably priced once (or one in general) on the used market, dunno what that’s about.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    The kicker is that all the cz's you're about to try out are the cream of the crop. You'll be amazed. Last year at the fall shoot, the wizard says " here, shoot this one". I brought it home with me.
    Already love me some czs, I had a p07 and a sp01 tactical, I was the one who sold Jayco his p07 actually. I’ve also had a chance to shoot a shadow 2 which is as most people know, buttery.

I’m probably in for a sensory overload once I get to try out other peoples’ builds, but in a good way!

Top Bottom