The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    @Leadeye

Smith & Wesson Schofield revolvers. Does anyone make a one of those in 45Colt?

I remember seeing a western when I was around 10 or 12 that featured one. IIRC it was in Shane. I've not seen any outside of movies. Just wondering if they make a clone of them anymore?

I imagine if they do its probably going to be pricey.

Yes, Navy arms had an excellent Schofield which you can still find on GB.

scho.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder why they didn't catch on over the SAA? Faster reloading would have been a huge bonus for the military and law enforcement back then, as well as the citizens.
    S&W released the revolver in a shorter, larger rimmed, cartridge than 45 Colt which caused some logistical grief. The 45 Colt of the 19th century was different from what we use today as the rim has been enlarged over time. It extracted easily from an SAA but not well from top break guns, same issue prevented lever guns from being chambered in it until the rims were changed.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Take me with you, I want to try one out. :tantrum:

Any time you want to meet up at the range, let me know. Would be meeting half way ish to meet at Indy Arms (plus I have a membership) ;)

Just so you know, mine is fully cajunized, so it has a ~3lb single action and ~6lb or so double action trigger pull.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Take me with you, I want to try one out. :tantrum:
    Any time you want to meet up at the range, let me know. Would be meeting half way ish to meet at Indy Arms (plus I have a membership) ;)

Just so you know, mine is fully cajunized, so it has a ~3lb single action and ~6lb or so double action trigger pull.

Once I get back could meet me at Tim’s in Westfield. I have a fully cajunized PCR (similar to the P01 without a rail) that is similar to WTs as far as SA/DA pull.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel

Sounds like fun, I’ve gotten to mess with a couple p01s but shooting anything is a whole different animal than just screwing around with it.

Indy arms co is about 25 minutes from me on a normal day, which is more than reasonable.
    Once I get back could meet me at Tim’s in Westfield. I have a fully cajunized PCR (similar to the P01 without a rail) that is similar to WTs as far as SA/DA pull.
    Question is, who do I want to go with.. Lol.

Both ranges are about the same distance from me on a normal day of traffic so I suppose it boils down to availability!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sounds like fun, I’ve gotten to mess with a couple p01s but shooting anything is a whole different animal than just screwing around with it.

Indy arms co is about 25 minutes from me on a normal day, which is more than reasonable.

Both ranges are about the same distance from me on a normal day of traffic so I suppose it boils down to availability!
    I'm too lazy to look up the meme, but just imagine the little Oriental girl shrugging with the caption that says, why not both? :):

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

The question is not who, but when.

Given the offers, I believe proper CZ etiquette is to shoot both pistols.

Perhaps one in each hand, empty magazines, insert new magazines, swap hands and empty magazines. Rinse, lather, repeat as necessary to determine which pistol is superior.

Arghggg ... bested by wt (again)

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    The question is not who, but when.

Given the offers, I believe proper CZ etiquette is to shoot both pistols.

Perhaps one in each hand, empty magazines, insert new magazines, swap hands and empty magazines. Rinse, lather, repeat as necessary to determine which pistol is superior.

Arghggg ... bested by wt (again)
    This is the way! :cool:
    I'm too lazy to look up the meme, but just imagine the little Oriental girl shrugging with the caption that says, why not both? :):
    x2, Both. Both is good.

Speaking of going shooting.. Finally got a chance to shoot the prodigy. First time shooting a 2011 in general actually, and, boy have I been missing out! My performance on the other hand, a bit shaky. I also don’t shoot too often, (much to my dismay) so there is that.

Top Bottom