The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Have any of you fine gents messed with the DWX compact? I like the pistol overall but that safety…. Terrible!! It’s a little bitty dinkus and so stiff to manipulate. I like a positive safety but if you had to use this for self defense it would get you killed!!!

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Ferrari is my favorite in exotic cars too. Unfortunately none here. Lots of Lambos, Audis, McLaren, Porche, GTRs, and tons of American muscle in every flavor.
    If you like American muscle, you would’ve loved my dad’s 1200 whp Pontiac g8. That thing put you back in your seat.

As for exotics, my dream would be a TVR Cerbera Speed 12, but that one is even more out of reach than a Ferrari.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Have any of you fine gents messed with the DWX compact? I like the pistol overall but that safety…. Terrible!! It’s a little bitty dinkus and so stiff to manipulate. I like a positive safety but if you had to use this for self defense it would get you killed!!!
    As far as I know @mcapo is the only one in the group that has one. Give him a few and I bet he'll have some info for you.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Picked the last of the Moonglow pears today, the gardener has been making different things with them and canning. She is cooking down a filling of some sort that has the chopped pears, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and molasses. It smells great, and the sample I received was very good spread over a cinnamon roll.

Have been mining a creek bed with the tractor for gravel to repair the driveway. A triaxle of stone costs as much as a gun these days.

The gardener and I will have been married 45 years next month.

Still good.:)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Mine is firm but not too stiff to manipulate when a round is needed. Yes - it is small.

Talking about the DWX safety all you gutter-heads...

The DWX safety is a 1911 part so just change it to your preference (not my pic)? I have plans to fit an ambi, at some point in the not near future.

1723334799799.png

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    If you like American muscle, you would’ve loved my dad’s 1200 whp Pontiac g8. That thing put you back in your seat.

As for exotics, my dream would be a TVR Cerbera Speed 12, but that one is even more out of reach than a Ferrari.
    There was a G8 there and it sounded mean! I didn’t get a chance to talk to the driver so I don’t know about his build.

Years ago we were in the market to replace my wife’s car. I found a great deal on nice G8 GT. It was in our cash budget too. I met the owner, test drove the car and said yep this is the one. I went home to clear it with my wife and that same conversation she broke the news she was pregnant with our 3rd. No way we were going to put 3 car seats in a back seat. We passed on the G8 and went straight to a mini van. Now every time we see a G8 I tease my wife “you almost had one of those”.

I sure would have loved your dad’s 1,200 hp G8!

Last edited:

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Mine is firm but not too stiff to manipulate when a round is needed. Yes - it is small.

Talking about the DWX safety all you gutter-heads...

The DWX safety is a 1911 part so just change it to your preference (not my pic)? I have plans to fit an ambi, at some point in the not near future.

View attachment 372327
    Good to know!! I figured it was but have been too busy to pull it apart. Other than the safety I absolutely love the pistol. Minimal rounds thru it but it shoots well. A light and an optic and it may just replace my DW ECP as my EDC!! Thanks

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Good to know!! I figured it was but have been too busy to pull it apart. Other than the safety I absolutely love the pistol. Minimal rounds thru it but it shoots well. A light and an optic and it may just replace my DW ECP as my EDC!! Thanks

I put a DPP on mine….

c35152dfb6b33c909ada57eb22c8a5ee.jpg

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    There was a G8 there and it sounded mean! I didn’t get a chance to talk to the driver so I don’t know about his build.

Years ago we were in the market to replace my wife’s car. I found a great deal on nice G8 GT. It was in our cash budget too. I met the owner, test drove the car and said yep this is the one. I went home to clear it with my wife and that same conversation she broke the news she was pregnant with our 3rd. No way we were going to put 3 car seats in a back seat. We passed on the G8 and went straight to a mini van. Now every time we see a G8 I tease my wife “you almost had one of those”.

I sure would have loved your dad’s 1,200 hp G8!
    I might have videos of it idling when it was being built, it was pre tune which was making in the range of 950-1000 iirc, but it still sounded like it wanted to kill you. I’ll have to rummage around for them.

Unfortunate you couldn’t get one, they’re surprisingly well thought out interior wise, had it not been for the third you would’ve been set until you had to rebuild the engine due to lifters, because LS things. :n00b:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had a Ferrari Hot wheels once ;)
    My 69 Spider is a baby Ferrari. The body was designed by Tom Tjarda, who also designed the Ferrari 250 California. The twin cam engine design was done by Lampredi, who was Ferraris designer of the 308 engines. It was built by Pininfarina alongside the chassis they built for Ferrari. It really was built as a poor man's Ferrari and does share the occasional trim bit from its more expensive cousins.
    54ee4a907cbc935d9baf931a06975de1.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    My 69 Spider is a baby Ferrari. The body was designed by Tom Tjarda, who also designed the Ferrari 250 California. The twin cam engine design was done by Lampredi, who was Ferraris designer of the 308 engines. It was built by Pininfarina alongside the chassis they built for Ferrari. It really was built as a poor man's Ferrari and does share the occasional trim bit from its more expensive cousins.
    54ee4a907cbc935d9baf931a06975de1.jpg
    All the cool kids have yellow cars err giallo auto sportive.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    @bgcatty

But seriously, there’s a great group of CZickos here. We love CZs, lots of other guns, cars, photography, history, and lots more but most importantly we love our wives and families. Stick around and hang out.

Just don’t mention the plastic gun known as G***k. The G word is forbidden.

And if you have some CZs, share them. We love seeing new CZs in the group.

Top Bottom