The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    100%
    My ACSS Vulcan appears nearly perfectly sharp for me. Unfortunately for DadSmith they don’t offer the Vulcan reticle in the 507 Comp.

@DadSmith
    If you’re not stuck on the 507 Comp, look at the 507c ACSS Vulcan. It uses a chevron ^ reticle instead of a dot. How close are you to Batesville? I’m usually out there every few weeks for work. I’d be happy to meet up and let you check out the ACSS Vulcan.
    I did some research on the ACSS reticle.
    That looks interesting. Does it actually work well, or as intended?

Here is a short video I found while researching.
    Does it look like that when in use?

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I did some research on the ACSS reticle.
    That looks interesting. Does it actually work well, or as intended?

Here is a short video I found while researching.
    Does it look like that when in use?

Yes and no. It looks like the one in the video is a micro 507K (Shield RMSc footprint). It has the “ACSS Vulcan” reticle but with a dot aiming point instead of the chevron.

1720424051869.jpeg

I believe the chevron version of the ACSS Vulcan is only available on the 507c (RMR footprint). It looks like this.

1720424339847.png

With the dot or chevron properly centered in the window the circle is outside the window and not visible. If it is not properly centered you will see part of the circle in the window to guide you back to center. It is very useful for shooters that are new to RDS to help them learn “acquiring the dot”.

I found this Amazon link and they have a pic showing that the chevon can appear distorted for some people with astigmatism.

1720425221040.png

For me personally the chevron appears clean but every astigmatism is different so you’ll have to see for yourself how it looks. Also it is available in Red or Green and Amazon has both. I have the red.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yes and no. It looks like the one in the video is a micro 507K (Shield RMSc footprint). It has the “ACSS Vulcan” reticle but with a dot aiming point instead of the chevron.

View attachment 364525

I believe the chevron version of the ACSS Vulcan is only available on the 507c (RMR footprint). It looks like this.

View attachment 364526

With the dot or chevron properly centered in the window the circle is outside the window and not visible. If it is not properly centered you will see part of the circle in the window to guide you back to center. It is very useful for shooters that are new to RDS to help them learn “acquiring the dot”.

I found this Amazon link and they have a pic showing that the chevon can appear distorted for some people with astigmatism.

View attachment 364527

For me personally the chevron appears clean but every astigmatism is different so you’ll have to see for yourself how it looks. Also it is available in Red or Green and Amazon has both. I have the red.
    Thank you for the extra information.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    New gun box(es) per @TJ Kackowski requirements.

fd18115f8498db9d5c44038acbd41b8f.jpg
    Thank you!

And thank you for posting pics of what was in the box.

Although to be clear, my desire is to see the individual items from each box, not necessarily the assembled item. Somebody's not following the rules (again).

Assembled this gun because @ChrisK posted a sale on a Larue triggers.

Gun is 6mm arc. Proof Barrel, Wilson Combat receiver/parts kit, Luth fixed stock, JP Enterprises BCG/Silent Captured Spring/Handguard/Arca rail, Atlas bipod and Area 419 Hellfire brake (in memory of Mr. Churchmouse). Has a Bushnell XRS II (thank you, Mr. T-dogg) but the proper canitlever scope mount is on order.

Might be the tightest all around AR that I have assembled.

493c4f3693530ffbd462748d72e592e7.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Thank you!

And thank you for posting pics of what was in the box.

Although to be clear, my desire is to see the individual items from each box, not necessarily the assembled item. Somebody's not following the rules (again).

I am truly sorry. Let me pull it apart and take individual pictures.

Just stay at your computer and wait for the updated pictures.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    We have Cooper's Hawks nesting in our yard which, to me, seems odd given my small town/near commercial location. They make a noticeable sound and soar into their nest in quite a majestic manor.

I am hoping they eat the neighbors Yorky that uses my yard for a toilet...I know....not likely but I can hope.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Get one of these if you didn't...

I didn't use a buffer catch on past JP SCS builds. The JP catch caught my eye this time and I got a couple of them. Installed one and I like it.
    Why?
    I've thought that basically falling out is a feature, not a bug but I don't know what I don't know.

Had a buddy that wanted to shoot with my SCS in his rifle this weekend and he noted how slow it felt like the rifle acted, from firing to recoil. He thought it was strange feeling. He shot it in my rifle and said it was less pronounced but still there. Both carbine length gas tubes. I've never felt that and am a big fan of the SCS.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Why?
    I've thought that basically falling out is a feature, not a bug but I don't know what I don't know.

Had a buddy that wanted to shoot with my SCS in his rifle this weekend and he noted how slow it felt like the rifle acted, from firing to recoil. He thought it was strange feeling. He shot it in my rifle and said it was less pronounced but still there. Both carbine length gas tubes. I've never felt that and am a big fan of the SCS.
    Maybe because he is used to Click..bang...BCG recoil...buffer recoil...buffer hits back of stock recoil...buffer return and then recharge weapon to Click..bang...silent travel...buffer return....re-charge weapon? Maybe without all the little steps in between it feels slow?

WAG

My new AR is a +1 rifle length system. I am big fan of adjustable gas blocks...will tune it that way.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Maybe because he is used to Click..bang...BCG recoil...buffer recoil...buffer hits back of stock recoil...buffer return and then recharge weapon to Click..bang...silent travel...buffer return....re-charge weapon? Maybe without all the little steps in between it feels slow?

WAG

My new AR is a +1 rifle length system. I am big fan of adjustable gas blocks...will tune it that way.
    Tuning will commence after disassembly and photographing individual parts ... correct?

Still waiting patiently.

Top Bottom