THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    A perfect journey ! :thumbsup:

And I’m pleased to announce, The Wizard will be her new caretaker.

BA left her to me to me to take care of for awhile. I think he wanted her to see some of Texas.
    I’m gonna let her tear up Packindy’s plate rack this weekend, then she is going home to the Wizard.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I finally got the Ruger 10/22 back out to shoot today. It’s been years. Way too many years. It shoots surprisingly well for a mostly stock rifle. But today it didn’t do as well as I remembered. I think I was the limiting factor for the rifle. I forgot to take my rest and was shooting off of the cheap bi-pod. Also, the guy on the bench next to me was shooting a 300 Win Mag with a loudenator on it. That made me double up on the hearing protection and I was having a hard time getting a good sight picture through the scope with my ear muffs on. SK Target did ok. CCI Stingers also gave some decent groups for not being match ammo. All 5 shot groups at 25 yards. Decent but not good enough to nail the 10 ring on score cards at 50 yards. I need to give it another go with a better rest and sight picture next time. I was hitting just low and left of POA.
    View attachment 308091
    View attachment 308092

The rifle started as a Ruger SR-22, the 10/22 that came in an AR style stock with a 16”, 3/4” semi-bull barrel. I hated that stock and swapped it out for a Tactical Solutions laminated thumb hole stock that showed up in the classifieds. What ticked me off on the AR style stock is that Ruger made an extra top cover to the stock that the scope mounted to. So every time I wanted to take the action out of the stock to clean it, I had to remove the scope and top cover. That’s part of why it got shot so little. I also changed the stock birdcage flash hider for one I found at a gun show, just because it looks better. But otherwise it’s a stock action and barrel.

View attachment 308093

Gosh Hawk, I somehow missed this post.
    That's a great looking rifle, and you shoot it well ! :pimp:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    When the "seniority" lists popped-up, I knew that I wouldn't be on it, as I missed the beginning of this special group .... the CZicko's.
    My 1st GTG was in 2016.... and I was vetted by the Mouse himself. He came to my house ! :)

Now, if you want to talk about who's the oldest, I'm fairly sure that it's me.
    I'm not sure that's an honor, but it's the only contest I'll likely win ..... I sure won't win a sharpshooter contest !

Speaking of the Mouse, I want to share this photo that I transferred from my phone. Tim sent it to me in 2019. Perhaps you've seen it, perhaps not. I wanted to share it.

i-mZMsPX2-XL.jpg

And with that, I'll say goodnight. One day, I hope to catch the sunrise, and make Norm proud ! :rockwoot:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Evidently the answer was waking up on the floor with carpet in my teeth.... :(
    I ain't been that drunk in many a moon. Last time I split the skin between my eyes with the porcelain rim on an army toilet in W. Germany when I got up to pee about 0230. Woke up sitting in the hall in my sweat pants with blood running out of the palm I was resting my head on with a private asking, "Are you alright Sgt Parker?"

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I ain't been that drunk in many a moon. Last time I split the skin between my eyes with the porcelain rim on an army toilet in W. Germany when I got up to pee about 0230. Woke up sitting in the hall in my sweat pants with blood running out of the palm I was resting my head on with a private asking, "Are you alright Sgt Parker?"

Not to sure why I decided last night was a good time to get my drunk on, but it was a bad idea. Sat on the deck reading a book watching the cat play in the yard. Put back way too many drinks and will now go dry for a while to make sure it doesn't happen again any time soon. Couldn't sleep, so I'm up eating fried rice and drinking water waiting to feel sleepy again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Not to sure why I decided last night was a good time to get my drunk on, but it was a bad idea. Sat on the deck reading a book watching the cat play in the yard. Put back way too many drinks and will now go dry for a while to make sure it doesn't happen again any time soon. Couldn't sleep, so I'm up eating fried rice and drinking water waiting to feel sleepy again.
    I had one of those nights a few months back. Not sure what brought it on other than some overly strong G&T on an empty stomach

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Morning all.

Glad to see WTB okay.

Sending out some positive thoughts and prayers for you other folks dealing with tribulations right now.
    I was writing paychecks this morning and I'm so tired I had a hard time spelling "Eight".
    Does that count?
    Looking forward to a rain.

Also saw that absolutely gorgeous blue BA gun posted above, and I had casually nicknamed the one I have 'the blue'. Very dark blue it almost looks black.
    Does anyone know if that one had a name or does The Family have any suggestions? Don't want the girls feeling like anyones stepping on toes.
    Seems kind of silly in some ways, but then again, no.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I was writing paychecks this morning and I'm so tired I had a hard time spelling "Eight".
    Does that count?
    Looking forward to a rain.

Also saw that absolutely gorgeous blue BA gun posted above, and I had casually nicknamed the one I have 'the blue'. Very dark blue it almost looks black.
    Does anyone know if that one had a name or does The Family have any suggestions? Don't want the girls feeling like anyones stepping on toes.
    Seems kind of silly in some ways, but then again, no.
    Just FYI, I have never seen my checks for my no-show job with you. Also, I haven't seen my company truck yet either.

Don't mean to complain but....

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I don't want to break him! lol

He and I might be in the midst of a gun deal for something not a 22.

You post reminds me....I need a 257 wby magnum...There was one at a local auction last spring and I missed it bidding on a Weatherby XXII. Auction had a number of Weatherbys. :drool:
    I've always liked the 257 WBY it's a good cartridge. I just bought a WBY Mark V Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor, these US made rifles are nice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom