The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'll have to check this out. On a cursory review it looks like you just use them as a portal to get to your favorite shops and they get some kind of affiliate fee and they pass some of that back to you via paypal? Do I generally have that correct?
    Yep...they keep a % of the click fees and send the rest back to you plus whatever they have negotiated with retailers.

I usually shop like always and when something is in my cart, click over to AJ and see if a rebate is available. If so, AJ opens up a new page right back to your cart.

Occasionally a retailer's promo code will invalidate the AJ rebate but it works more often than not.

After a purchase, you get a confirmation that $x of your order qualified and the rebate is $xx. The rebate is then transfer to your PayPal every 90 days.

For example, ordered some new pots and pan this morning for the new induction cooktop from Zwilling. Total with tax was $369.13 with $344.98 in applicable cost for a rebate of $20.69 or about 6%. Add in using a 3% cash back credit card and I feel like I should buy a new gun to celebrate.

Other service out there are simlar (like Honey, Rakuten) but I don't have any experience with them.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If I had not just bought a new water heater, rifle, refrigerator and glass shower door…

Thread 'CZ P-01 Omega'
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/cz-p-01-omega.543426/
    I always like to preface those household purchases during this time of year with saying "Merry Christmas" to my wife. It really makes her appreciate it and does not draw any undue attention to any firearm related purchases I may or may not make during this time of year.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks for the info. Looks like Amazon has the sling stud mounting version for $63. PA has them for $56 and change +shipping.

I may have to bite as the sling stud model is usually more than the other versions. Only reason I haven't already is I've been dropping some $. Decisions.

Wife is going to think she's racking up for Christmas until I start opening boxes.
    Ok, now I see why some are very different prices. Appears there is an MOE bipod (MAG1174) and another Magpul Bipod (MAG1075) both with Sling Stud mounting versions. I'll need to compare the differences.

@gmcttr do you happen to know which you have?

Thanks

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I always like to preface those household purchases during this time of year with saying "Merry Christmas" to my wife. It really makes her appreciate it and does not draw any undue attention to any firearm related purchases I may or may not make during this time of year.
    Unfortunately except for the rifle all the recent household purchases were due to unexpected systems failures (sh*t just broke). And I forgot to add in the emergency vet clinic visit, labs and xrays for Mr. Remington.
    Ok, now I see why some are very different prices. Appears there is an MOE bipod (MAG1174) and another Magpul Bipod (MAG1075) both with Sling Stud mounting versions. I'll need to compare the differences.

@gmcttr do you happen to know which you have?

Thanks
    MOE is almost all polymer, the Mag 1075 is steel, aluminum & polymer And about 3-4 oz heavier.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Unfortunately except for the rifle all the recent household purchases were due to unexpected systems failures (sh*t just broke). And I forgot to add in the emergency vet clinic visit, labs and xrays for Mr. Remington.

MOE is almost all polymer, the Mag 1075 is steel, aluminum & polymer And about 3-4 oz heavier.
    Cool, thanks for the info on the bipod. I was thinking that Amazon/PA had some amazing deal while everyone else was smoking something. Now I know better.

And yeah, I hear you on the failures. I should have worked my dishwasher failure into a replacement rather than a repair and then taken credit for "gifting" my wife something.

I was on my mid year review call with my manager when the repair guy showed up so I gave the go ahead to repair it (different part than last time) again vs thinking of how I could work that angle with my wife ;-)

And I feel you on appliance and vet bills. Had labs for cat#1 not too long ago and then the bill for having the poor little guy euthanized week before last.

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Yep...they keep a % of the click fees and send the rest back to you plus whatever they have negotiated with retailers.

I usually shop like always and when something is in my cart, click over to AJ and see if a rebate is available. If so, AJ opens up a new page right back to your cart.

Occasionally a retailer's promo code will invalidate the AJ rebate but it works more often than not.

After a purchase, you get a confirmation that $x of your order qualified and the rebate is $xx. The rebate is then transfer to your PayPal every 90 days.

For example, ordered some new pots and pan this morning for the new induction cooktop from Zwilling. Total with tax was $369.13 with $344.98 in applicable cost for a rebate of $20.69 or about 6%. Add in using a 3% cash back credit card and I feel like I should buy a new gun to celebrate.

Other service out there are simlar (like Honey, Rakuten) but I don't have any experience with them.
    I use upside for fuel. Company card pays for the fuel. I get Speedy points at Speedway, and cash back from upside. Win-win-win.

You can use my upside code and we both get bonus cash back on your first fillup.

XC7VH

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Does anyone understand where the money for these kind of programs comes from?
    It's affiliate fees that the online retailer pays to the referring site. The referring site basically gives you a cut to encourage you to click through their site to get to the online retailer. It's circular money that the online retailer factors into their overall costs to obtain a customer and therefore is paid for ultimately by everyone who shops at the online retailer as it gets built into their prices.

It's essentially like a rewards credit card and we all as consumers actually pay for it, but on the other hand you don't get a discount for not doing it, so you might as well get your % back.

Circular...but might as well get something than not.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom