The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    I used the rewards for years. I currently only use a debit card or cash. Can't stomach the thought that my rewards might be on the back of the single mother who can't afford her utilities. The credit cards are making bank on all of us, one way or another so I'm opting out as much as I can. They don't deserve my money or my loyalty but they've found a way to manipulate both. The more I think about it, the more I feel the need to fight the system.
    My thoughts exactly. I don't take credit cards here at the shop for that reason. I know my crusade isn't amounting to much but the cc companies are sitting back collecting 2-3% of gnp and the computers are keeping score.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Your company card allows you to do that? I’ve thought about trying it with my company fuel card but I figured it would get flagged on the company end. I need to know more about how this works (and if I’d get in trouble using my company card).
    Been doing it since last summer (2022). About $300 total back since then. Don't ask, don't tell, I guess.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    For many years we didn't take credit cards where I worked. We lost a lot of business because of that. Business increased about 30% we started to take them. We did exclude American Express. Some large companies use credit cards for accounting purposes we discovered. We required some companies to use a card because of slow payments on their account. We stated that if you paid cash you would get a 3% discount.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I was raised to pay cash for everything. And if I couldn’t afford something, to save up for it and then pay cash. “The borrower is slave to the lender” and all that. The only thing I’ve ever taken a loan out on is college and mortgage. College is paid off. Neither my wife or I owned a credit card until just a few years ago. We keep it just for emergencies like if we’re traveling and our debit cards get froze. Although I will say that in this economy and with a growing family, big ticket items are getting harder to pay cash for.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I was raised to pay cash for everything. And if I couldn’t afford something, to save up for it and then pay cash. “The borrower is slave to the lender” and all that. The only thing I’ve ever taken a loan out on is college and mortgage. College is paid off. Neither my wife or I owned a credit card until just a few years ago. We keep it just for emergencies like if we’re traveling and our debit cards get froze. Although I will say that in this economy and with a growing family, big ticket items are getting harder to pay cash for.
    Having the patience to save is no longer considered the virtue it once was.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Struggled in the early part of my life dealing with credit. Afterwards I understood its value and have used it since to my benefit. Use credit cards wisely and pay them off every month to avoid fees/interest, while having a top level credit rating in case it's needed. Pay cash for most things, unless it's easier to use credit, in which case I use it without fear and then just pay it off. Get cash back and discounts based on the use of certain cards, plus some give added protections that cash and debit cards do not. I see nothing wrong with using credit, as long as it's used wisely. I wish classes were given for free to people who need it to educate them on the use so that they don't abuse it like I did when I was young. Not saying anything wrong with people who prefer cash only BTW, to each their own.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Struggled in the early part of my life dealing with credit. Afterwards I understood its value and have used it since to my benefit. Use credit cards wisely and pay them off every month to avoid fees/interest, while having a top level credit rating in case it's needed. Pay cash for most things, unless it's easier to use credit, in which case I use it without fear and then just pay it off. Get cash back and discounts based on the use of certain cards, plus some give added protections that cash and debit cards do not. I see nothing wrong with using credit, as long as it's used wisely. I wish classes were given for free to people who need it to educate them on the use so that they don't abuse it like I did when I was young. Not saying anything wrong with people who prefer cash only BTW, to each their own.

We follow the WT plan ! :thumbsup:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    If you can, have 6 months worth of cash set back for all of your expenses in case of emergency. You will also find that if you pay with cash you will spend less, you see what is going out. We pay off any credit card balance when it shows up, I check every few days. We now drive cars/trucks till they die. Everything we have is paid for. Any money you owe doesn't belong to you, get debt paid off as soon as you can. Don't try to keep up with the Jones's, be the Jones's and be debt free. Before making a large purchase, PRAY ABOUT IT!! It can keep you out of trouble. Tithe to God's kingdom and you will reap the rewards. JMHO...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If you can, have 6 months worth of cash set back for all of your expenses in case of emergency. You will also find that if you pay with cash you will spend less, you see what is going out. We pay off any credit card balance when it shows up, I check every few days. We now drive cars/trucks till they die. Everything we have is paid for. Any money you owe doesn't belong to you, get debt paid off as soon as you can. Don't try to keep up with the Jones's, be the Jones's and be debt free. Before making a large purchase, PRAY ABOUT IT!! It can keep you out of trouble. Tithe to God's kingdom and you will reap the rewards. JMHO...

This for sure. I just got back to church and I'm working my way up to tithing the full amount.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom