The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Interesting you say that, I spent most of the last two years replacing most of my tools and even tool boxes. Everything from cordless drills to 3/4" impact sockets with all the "old" stuff going to my youngest. Large tools heavy duty tools that I might not ever use again where gifted out to the son most likely to use them. I figure at 54, these are the last of many tools that I will ever buy.

A few years ago, I gave an entire toolbox of hand-tools to my youngest daughter.
    (great minds, and all that) :thumbsup:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Alright ... time for me to hit the sack. I'm actually trying to go to sleep quite a bit earlier these days. Sometimes, I get up a little earlier too, but at least I'm closer to being in sync with you early rising gangsters.

Later, gaters
    I have plans to stay up for the F1 race but got up at 5 am.....not sure this old guy can make it.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Wow....sometimes I read my posts and wonder if I know the English language, at all. I apologize to all for having to decipher and for not meeting the standards set by @patience0830 .

Your posts are easy to read. You use punctuation...unlike the texters no cap, no punctuation long posts that leave me rereading many time to figure out what goes with what. Keep up the good work.

Yea, I wanna say they came into popularity right before covid-ish. 2016-8ish?

Fixit Sticks started out with bicycle oriented kits a few years before expanding into other areas.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Your posts are easy to read. You use punctuation...unlike the texters no cap, no punctuation long posts that leave me rereading many time to figure out what goes with what. Keep up the good work.

Reminds me of a scene from Airplane.

Growing up in NYC (and stints here in IN), I thought it was weird when someone DIDN'T speak with an accent or dialect.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Reminds me of a scene from Airplane.

Growing up in NYC (and stints here in IN), I thought it was weird when someone DIDN'T speak with an accent or dialect.
    e55b7b4d-7386-455c-985b-18f6d1543811_text.gif

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I do appreciate precision, but having worked with TT on several firearm projects, I learned that exact precision isn't always necessary (take barrel installation as an example).
    If a scope mounting nut says to torque at 35 in/lb, 70 to 135 in/lb should work just fine.
    That's just my opinion, of couse !
    Now we’re talkin.
    Or we can work in ft/lbs. Pretty much the same, just for farmers.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    A few years ago, I gave an entire toolbox of hand-tools to my youngest daughter.
    (great minds, and all that) :thumbsup:
    A couple “Dad-urdays” ago I took my youngest to Menards with me. I usually let him get a small toy if he goes with me. I’m not above bribery for “dad time”. This time he decided he didn’t want a toy, he wanted his first real tool! And he insisted he wanted to pay for it so it was “actually his”. He ended up picking out a 10mm wrench (with a little direction from me, since mine is missing lol!). And he played with it for hours after we got back home. If I’m working in the garage, he’ll ask me to get the bucket of wood scraps out and his wheels of imagination start thinking of all kinds of things he might build out of the scrap. (I should take him to T-Doggs to learn how to weld!)

It is time for me to get this kid his own tool box!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Wife is bringing me an Egg McMuffin, while I'm drinking coffee at home .... a decent start to the morning. We're too sleepy in the mornings to make 'real' breakfast ! :D

We're also waiting for a new pillow-topper mattress thingy, so we can switch some beds around today. This part of the day, I'm not looking forward to.

I'm ALIVE !!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom