The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I've come to the conclusion I need to dig some small vernal ponds around the woods to provide water for the deer. Still seeing nothing and I've been through this before when it gets suddenly dry like this fall. Have three options, hire it out, rent an excavator and learn how to use it, buy an excavator and learn how to use it.

Anybody operate a small one, is it hard to learn?
    I have a Deere 60G, it’s a 14,500 lb machine that many in my business would see as too small but I like it a lot. Does a lot of work and gets around well.

Most of the smaller modern ones will have a pattern changer so you can switch between backhoe (or farmer) and excavator (or professional) controls. So if you’ve ever ran a backhoe you can jump right on.
    Either way, you can probably jump right on.

I had demoed a Cat, Bobcat, and Deere excavators before I bought the Deere and I though it dug best but have had 2 Deere backhoes and 2 Cat and much prefer the Cat, for what it’s worth.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Tisas 9mm optic install completed. Milled the slide for the Fusion plate system and Holosun HS407A3 red dot (the 3-moa version PSA sells). So far, my best optic cut I've performed, and my skills in aligning/drilling/tapping holes has vastly improved.

*Near perfect install. Made a clearance cut for the hammer that was unnecessary. When checking things I had the hammer resting against the slide without the firing pin stop in place and the hammer hit the plate. A non-critical mistake.

View attachment 312999
    View attachment 313000
    View attachment 313003
    View attachment 313004
    Is that supposed to have some sort of BUIS that screws on?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've come to the conclusion I need to dig some small vernal ponds around the woods to provide water for the deer. Still seeing nothing and I've been through this before when it gets suddenly dry like this fall. Have three options, hire it out, rent an excavator and learn how to use it, buy an excavator and learn how to use it.

Rent one and practice. You can line a small one(pond) with plastic and carry water to it in the fall.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

Heck LE, I am beginning to wonder if maybe you just need a moat!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    heads up.
    I am planning on holding the 1911 class on Saturday December 9th.

I would like to keep it close to 15 people max. This will start at 9am and end time TBD on that day, probably around 3:00pm.

I am opening this up to the CZ group first but if I feel I would like more to attend than those that post here I will make a general post on INGO. I will be content with 8 or 10 people, I am not trying to make a big production,

If anybody wants to volunteer bagels or snacks that would be great, I can provide water and coffee.

I have tables and should have enough chairs.

This will cover complete disassembly and reassembly, trouble shooting, fitment of the most common replacement parts deal some with accurizing and reliability tuning.

If you bring your own 1911 you will be doing the disassembly and reassembly on it as well.

Also, we will be comparing various differences between whatever different models are available to compare that day. And go over differences in parts for 45, 9, 10 and 40 cal.

If someone could provide a basic GI model colt or Springfield for disassembly and comparisons that would be great.

I want to say up front I am not all knowing, and you may find other information or learn something down the road that works better for you, but I can provide quite a bit of insight and will do my best to say “I don’t know” If I don’t know something.

I need everybody that plans on attending to PM me and if you are bringing something let me know.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Is that supposed to have some sort of BUIS that screws on?
    They make a couple of version of that plate. The ones they offer with a fixed rear sight looks hideous to me. I belive the idea for the one I have is to attach slide rack assist levers. I'm not that cool and will make a rear sight instead.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Rent one and practice. You can line a small one(pond) with plastic and carry water to it in the fall.

This is what I need to do. Listening this weekend to shots fired, the ones closest to where I could identify were coming from areas that retain water. A hard thing to do in karst country.

One area on my ground had water until last year. I noticed where a creek that flowed out of my ground onto a neighbors land had turned into grass covered ground. Following that creek I found two new crevasses opened to the lower regions with all the water going in there. Holes just open in the ground around here so I figure I'll need to line the vernal pond.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They make a couple of version of that plate. The ones they offer with a fixed rear sight looks hideous to me. I belive the idea for the one I have is to attach slide rack assist levers. I'm not that cool and will make a rear sight instead.
    Ha, I saw those on their website, not sure what they were thinking.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They make great base guns for custom projects.

zhygqGhl.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It was recently (a few weeks ago now) mentioned which 1911 CM recommended to start a project with, but I can’t remember if it was a SA, Garrison, or what? Can someone enlighten me?
    Loaded, A1, TRP, Champion - he wasn't picky. :-)

Seems he liked the Loaded series but every time I see a full rail TRP, I think of Mouse.

1700449856612.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom