The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Yeah, to be honest, I've never owned one. Using more optics these days, would be good to get one since these screws are very small.

Looking for something that is reasonably priced and decent quality.
    I also have the Fixit Sticks torque ends as well. I have to of the universal ones, the 15 - 65 and the 6 - 25. These are very nice. When we hit the range I always have the set in my bag. I started off with a set they had, then added parts and pieces to round out what I felt I would need for quick fixes.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    A few years ago, I gave an entire toolbox of hand-tools to my youngest daughter.
    (great minds, and all that) :thumbsup:
    When our dad passed, my brother and I went through his tools and separated them into things to sell, and a tool box for our sister. Then there was the few things that went with him, or with myself. So my brother and I took a few things that we could use, and our sister ended up with two tool boxes. We figured she could use it since Dad wouldn't be around to help her out anymore, and we both live out of state.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've come to the conclusion I need to dig some small vernal ponds around the woods to provide water for the deer. Still seeing nothing and I've been through this before when it gets suddenly dry like this fall. Have three options, hire it out, rent an excavator and learn how to use it, buy an excavator and learn how to use it.

Anybody operate a small one, is it hard to learn?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've come to the conclusion I need to dig some small vernal ponds around the woods to provide water for the deer. Still seeing nothing and I've been through this before when it gets suddenly dry like this fall. Have three options, hire it out, rent an excavator and learn how to use it, buy an excavator and learn how to use it.

Anybody operate a small one, is it hard to learn?
    Having a son that is an excavator and being around it, I will say that learning the equipment is pretty easy - especially the newer units BUT the knowledge behind pond creation is a real learned skill set...even "just" a vernal pond.

They created a ten acre pond this year and the amount of engineering and off-site work was incredible. Granted - that is an extreme.

...buy an excavator...have a blast...learn a new skill...buy two different pieces...Mr. and Mrs. Leadeye each need one.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Having a son that is an excavator and being around it, I will say that learning the equipment is pretty easy - especially the newer units BUT the knowledge behind pond creation is a real learned skill set...even "just" a vernal pond.

They created a ten acre pond this year and the amount of engineering and off-site work was incredible. Granted - that is an extreme.

...buy an excavator...have a blast...learn a new skill...buy two different pieces...Mr. and Mrs. Leadeye each need one.
    Plus if any of the previous unwanted squatters come back, no one will be the wiser... Deep holes.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This reminds of a plan I had when my daughters were dating.

Only had to implement….

Nevermind. Forget I said anything.
    My line during that was I have a 45 and a shovel... And no one will miss you.

Of course now I don't even own a 45, and my back wouldn't hold up to much shoveling, but my daughter is the one I can depend on for the heavy lifting these days anyway.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    @WebSnyper

For small fasteners I started out using the Wheeler fat wrench. A few years ago I upgraded to a Fix it stick kit for around $100 or so with the larger universal torque driver. I don't care for the quality of the bits themselves, so I added a nice little bit set I found at Menards. I have not used the Wheeler tool since then, but still keep it around.

My only issue with the large torque driver tool is the when using shorts bits for certain red dots. I use a longer bit to remedy the issue though.

20231119_095656.jpg
    20231119_095726.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Tisas 9mm optic install completed. Milled the slide for the Fusion plate system and Holosun HS407A3 red dot (the 3-moa version PSA sells). So far, my best optic cut I've performed, and my skills in aligning/drilling/tapping holes has vastly improved.

*Near perfect install. Made a clearance cut for the hammer that was unnecessary. When checking things I had the hammer resting against the slide without the firing pin stop in place and the hammer hit the plate. A non-critical mistake.

20231119_111615.jpg
    20231119_112013.jpg
    20231119_111727.jpg
    20231119_092538.jpg

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I jumped on the Echelon recently, but now am also contemplating keeping the 320 Compact I have up in the classies and seeing what an optic cut and color would cost for it as a possible FNS gun & house gun as well.

It already has an Apex trigger in it and I have a good inventory of mags for the 320 as well as I have other 320's.

Hmmm... another potential project money pit. Just need to think about what footprint.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom