The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Have you had any concerns with the granularity of the settings in that one that would make you want the digital version?

Just curious
    I'll put it this way. Having worked on nuclear weapons for five years, I'm very familiar with what are probably the most accurate torque measurements on earth.
    For my purposes with firearms (which are admittedly minimal), I feel that the Wheeler is accurate 'enough'.

stupid keyboard wants to type in Italics !!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'll put it this way. Having worked on nuclear weapons for five years, I'm very familiar with what are probably the most accurate torque measurements on earth.
    For my purposes with firearms (which are admittedly minimal), I feel that the Wheeler is accurate 'enough'.

stupid keyboard wants to type in Italics !!!
    Sounds like a good recommendation.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Sounds like a good recommendation.
    I do appreciate precision, but having worked with TT on several firearm projects, I learned that exact precision isn't always necessary (take barrel installation as an example).
    If a scope mounting nut says to torque at 35 in/lb, 32 to 38 in/lb should work just fine.
    That's just my opinion, of couse !

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I’ve heard good things about those, personally have a fix-it-sticks set that works very good for me.
    As a farmer who goes by the motto if a little’s good more is better and too much is almost just enough, I could definitely break things without a good torque wrench.

I have the Wheeler Fat Wrench and it gets the job done.

I have changed over the the fixit sticks as it can be used as a torque wrench and for any other fastener removal and installation jobs. Once you start using a Fixit kit you will find it to be a go to tool on the bench or at the range and soon forget the cost.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have the Wheeler Fat Wrench and find it more than adequate.

I also have Tekton torque wrenches (1/4, 3/8 and 1/2") and have the most confidence in their accuracy. The 1/4" has a 10 inch/lb minimum setting.

I have a couple of the Fix-It-Stick All-in-One torque drivers and find those get the most use by far. They are quick, easy and accurate enough.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Ask...mcapo...others on here about their sets.

I have the below set (or something very similar) for my range kit along with a second ratcheting driver and all in one torque driver for the tool box at home.

Crazy expensive but I use them all the time.

I have added in a few extra pieces, pair of pliers and a small hammer to the below set. If anything requires more than that - I shouldn't be doing it at the range anyway.

1700363611800.png

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    My problem is getting the rifle level and held that way until I can tighten the screws.

Many of the Tipton type of gun vises along with other brands will take care of the holding to set a rifle level and vertically plumb.

This Wheeler scope install set takes care of getting the crosshairs lined up.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Left to right, vortex, wheeler and fixit sticks.

View attachment 312934
    View attachment 312935
    I am a strong proponent of the fixit sticks. Many online sights have them a little below msrp.

Ask TD, mcapo and others on here about their sets.

I've only heard great things about the Fix-It sticks, that's for sure. I could be mis-remembering, but in 2014 when I bought Fat Wrench, I don't think that Fix-It were on the market. :dunno:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    At 72, I'm not going to invest in many expensive tools. I might ask to borrow ! ;)
    Interesting you say that, I spent most of the last two years replacing most of my tools and even tool boxes. Everything from cordless drills to 3/4" impact sockets with all the "old" stuff going to my youngest. Large tools heavy duty tools that I might not ever use again where gifted out to the son most likely to use them. I figure at 54, these are the last of many tools that I will ever buy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom