The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm going to try and reduce some stress by working out today. Haven't used my exercise equipment all year and my weight is the highest it's ever been. Working from home, lack of sunlight, poor diet and no exercise are not ingredients to a healthy lifestyle.

Okay, done whining about my problems. Hope everyone has a good day today. God bless you my friends.
    Old man winter says it time for more vitamin d.
    I started taking some again recently and immediately saw an improvement in my outlook.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I got the SPFD Ronin 10mm back from machining recently. I had 25lpi high cut checkering done, flat top and serrated slide, and ball cuts done. Jim Milks from Innovative Custom Guns did me a favor and did this work with the checkering very quickly for me as he was doing some batch work otherwise AllenM is my usual machining go to guy the last several years. I still have a bit to do, fit a WC beavertail, dehorn, blend the rear of the slide and serrate, cerakote etc.

0LcIlZbl.jpg

on0xHLtl.jpg

uPMNF2ll.jpg

7YEHf6Il.jpg

FUmU4Xzl.jpg

NokelTcl.jpg

lk2gf1cl.jpg

qmbwsIEl.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I got the SPFD Ronin 10mm back from machining recently. I had 25lpi high cut checkering done, flat top and serrated slide, and ball cuts done. Jim Milks from Innovative Custom Guns did me a favor and did this work with the checkering very quickly for me as he was doing some batch work otherwise AllenM is my usual machining go to guy the last several years. I still have a bit to do, fit a WC beavertail, dehorn, blend the rear of the slide and serrate, cerakote etc.

0LcIlZbl.jpg

on0xHLtl.jpg

uPMNF2ll.jpg

7YEHf6Il.jpg

FUmU4Xzl.jpg

NokelTcl.jpg

lk2gf1cl.jpg

qmbwsIEl.jpg
    VERY sharp looking!!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Old man winter says it time for more vitamin d.
    I started taking some again recently and immediately saw an improvement in my outlook.

I've posted this in the past, but it's been awhile.
    Although VitD is important, so is the mental aspect when the days are gray and gloomy.
    I'm still using my Happy Light. Check it out DM .... it really can lift your spirits.

Amazon product ASIN B08KFQBY43

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Evening all,
    Long day today, just got back from Evansville with my mom as we went to visit my 92 year old grandma for Thanksgiving. Saw a lot of dead deer on the highway and counted at least 10 Hawks combined going there and back from Indy. No updates on the hot water corn bread but I'll be trying that again soon with better results hopefully.
    Now my uncle had a good day scoring a 10 pointer and then whilst driving a doe tripped down a hill in front of his of his truck. Even though he stood on the brakes he still hit it with his front end bumper not doing any major damage to the truck but still killing the deer. I think he's just happy he didn't break the windshield but ended up with more meat to process today than he expected.
    Excited for next week as I'll have my usual Monday range day and then I'll be shooting with my friend Friday who just got a P-09.
    if any have an extra $300 and desire a P-09
    Need this deal in the form of a P-07 but they're still managing to be $400 new :scratch: Maybe Black Friday or Cyber Monday will solve that...

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thoughts on this or something like it to use to mount optics on pistols?

Wheeler Manual Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench with Inch/Pounds Measurement, Bits and Storage Case for Scope Mounting, Gunsmithing and Maintenance

Or maybe the digital version?

Wheeler Digital Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench with Interchangeable Bits and LCD Display for Firearm Maintenance and Gunsmithing

Looks like the Wheeler site itself has a BF sale going with up to 50% although I can't seem to see how much shipping will be.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Wheeler Manual Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench with Inch/Pounds Measurement, Bits and Storage Case for Scope Mounting, Gunsmithing and Maintenance

I’ve heard good things about those, personally have a fix-it-sticks set that works very good for me.
    As a farmer who goes by the motto if a little’s good more is better and too much is almost just enough, I could definitely break things without a good torque wrench.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I’ve heard good things about those, personally have a fix-it-sticks set that works very good for me.
    As a farmer who goes by the motto if a little’s good more is better and too much is almost just enough, I could definitely break things without a good torque wrench.
    Yeah, to be honest, I've never owned one. Using more optics these days, would be good to get one since these screws are very small.

Looking for something that is reasonably priced and decent quality.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Wheeler Digital Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench with Interchangeable Bits and LCD Display for Firearm Maintenance and Gunsmithing

Looks like the Wheeler site itself has a BF sale going with up to 50% although I can't seem to see how much shipping will be.
    According to this dated photo, I've had the Wheeler since 2014. Quite a few scopes have been mounted without issue.

1700359526058.png

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

I have the fat wrench and my only issue is that unless you are torquing to 5 lbs (5, 10, 15, 20, etc) you do have to guess just a little bit. That said, use mine frequently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom