The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Guess what I ordered? I'll give you a hint, that's a 1911 front sight and the gun is the Witness .45 with a front sight made into the slide.

View attachment 311579
    If I'm reading between the lines correctly, you're going to cut a dovetail into the Witness for the new front sight. I'm guessing there will be blending required after the new sight is installed. What do you plan to do for refinishing?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I took my Echelon out the other day and had some fun with it, glad I bought that one. I'm finishing up my Ronin 10mm project, that Ronin would be nice but he was pretty adamant about not shipping, not sure why. I've had good luck with some previous purchases by just telling them drop it off at your dealer of choice and i'll take care of the shipping and transfer, should be even easier than arranging a FTF!
    You found any great deals on Echelon mags?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Have you put an optic on yours yet? If so, what are you running on it?
    Holosun 507

1Je8ljKl.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    If I'm reading between the lines correctly, you're going to cut a dovetail into the Witness for the new front sight. I'm guessing there will be blending required after the new sight is installed. What do you plan to do for refinishing?
    You got it. I ordered a dovetail cutter from Brownells (along with a 1911 TekMat). Plan for the top of the slide is to cut a nice flat top surface, thereby removing the narrow/uneven/ugly factory serrations. I'll be cutting new serrations that will be wider with a nice edged border. I'll be doing a lot more than that to the gun, with lots of custom machining, reshaping and dehorning. It's a big thick piece of steel and pretty much square, so a fairly blank canvas. When I get all done, it will look completely different and will get cerakoted.

20231012_182919.jpg

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Looks to me like it is a looooong way away from the wood burner...
    We have a wood rack on the back deck that’s kept full. Another cabinet just off the deck that is full. I use the front end loader on the Kubota to haul the wood to the deck. I believe on the 7 “P’s”. Prior Proper Planning Prevents Pi** Poor Performance.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    We have a wood rack on the back deck that’s kept full. Another cabinet just off the deck that is full. I use the front end loader on the Kubota to haul the wood to the deck. I believe on the 7 “P’s”. Prior Proper Planning Prevents Pi** Poor Performance.
    Amen!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I do, but I’ve been trying not to make it more than one layer thick.
    I like to still be able to get vehicles in there if the need arises.

When they said, “everything’s bigger in Texas”, they were talking about the hail. :nailbite:
    Just curious .... once they're stacked, do the fire ants still hang around ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom