The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Decorations may add to visual appeal but keep in mind they should also reduce the chance of glare between the sights.

I too like #2. I'm curious about how much metal is left after flattening the slide top and doing the ball cuts.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:
    Aware of glare. Hey, I made a rhyme.

How much material on top can be safely removed is something I started looking at yesterday as well.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    "Kobra Carry" is excellent marketing (I know that it's a great handgun too).

We need to start thinking of marketing ideas for @T-DOGG , as I bet that he'll be making a career transition in the near-future.
    Something like DOGG's Smooth and Fast, or Spicy's Metal Transitions !

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    "Kobra Carry" is excellent marketing (I know that it's a great handgun too).

We need to start thinking of marketing ideas for @T-DOGG , as I bet that he'll be making a career transition in the near-future.
    Something like DOGG's Smooth and Fast, or Spicy's Metal Transitions !
    Sounds better than my previous failed business as a fitness trainer, Body by Carlos. Turns out other men can get this same kind of body without my help.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Sounds better than my previous failed business as a fitness trainer, Body by Carlos. Turns out other men can get this same kind of body without my help.

Just a reminder. I signed up for the 12 month plan and you closed shop and owe me a month refund.

Luckily, I gained enough knowledge to finish the program on my own. So, on second thought, just keep the 12th month fee.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Another round of serrations. #5 should have been about .050" wider (same width as 4 and 5), but I made a miscalculation. Still like the design though.

For what it's worth, these are not very deep cuts. The ballcuts on #5 are probably the deepest and they're around .018" deep.

20231113_102018.jpg

Bead blasted

20231113_104622.jpg

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Afternoon all. Maiden range trip with "Cindy" today. What a sweet shooter. Also got to shoot the Blue Angel, a nice Italian CZ and a DWX Compact. What a range trip... :rockwoot:
    I’ll need to get you the blue run Cz basepad to you. I can mail it or im
    Sure we could meet up in gwood at some point.

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Afternoon,
    Back from the dentist cleaning today. She said I've been doing better but just need to work on flossing. Oh and of course get my root canal scheduled but that can... no it can't wait. So I'll be looking into that soon, for real this time, I swear.

Fun range trip with WTB, Wizard and some others. Got to shoot what WTB mentioned DWX compact, Italian CZ, Blue Angel. All fantastic shooting guns. Comparing "Cindy" shadow to my own Shadow was nice. I found myself liking the charging handle on "Cindy" but I don't think I'll be attempting anything similar on mine. No issues with double taps but I have been shooting my own Shadow for a while now so trigger control seems to be good in that aspect. Overall rock and roll range day :rockwoot:

Oh yeah we usually grab a bite eat and I introduced everyone to this place that serves "hot water corn bread" with our meal. Really good stuff and I promised I'd post the video I found on how to make them. These would be a good thing to make for Thanksgiving, pretty easy too. Be warned though, these WILL go quick if you make them.
    (Mississippi Belle is the restaurant for anyone curious, amazing food)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Firing pin springs showed up today, fitted one up and installed it in the Marlin 1893, I think that was most of it's problem. Fed it 10 freshly made 32-40 cartridges and it hit the 80 yard 8 inch plate consistently so I'm happy.

As expensive as vintage lever guns are getting there are still some deals to be had on stuff chambered on 32-40 and 32 WS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom