The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    As much as I'd like and others would probably like too, I cannot keep quiet and not speak my mind. So, I'll speak to my actions more than anything, assuming some of what was said was directed at me. Not trying to drag this conversation out or bring the drama back, but I need to speak.

I'm not really offended, but I'm not going to apologize for my actions either, because I own what I said before and I haven't changed my mind about it either. I wasn't thrilled that radar was invited to FGE to begin with, because his daily involvements in this thread were very minimal (as I stated before), but I understand I was not the host. I was not happy that he won the gun, in fact I was disappointed that it wasn't a regular longer term and more involved member that won the gun. But I let that go as well because I was not in charge of it. When he offered it up for sale, I felt that was wrong and I voiced my opinion about it. Did I get a little immature about some of the things I said, sure, but that's who I am at times and that will never change.

In my opinion, I think what radar did was wrong and frankly I don't care about his feelings being hurt when some of us told him what we thought (we are being honest and truthful after all). Does that make me a jerk and some other not so nice words, probably so. Am I going to lose some friends over it and have people think of me in a different way, probably so. But I've apologized my entire life for my actions instead of standing behind them, and that needs to stop, because I'm exhausted from not being true to myself and going along just to get along.

All that being said, just like real families, we aren't all going to agree on everything, and we **** each other off at times, and this situation was a clear example of that. I'm not going to storm off mad like I have so many times in the past. But me being me, I have to give my opinion so I can move on with my day and not let my feelings eat me alive. I am what I am, I know who I am, and I won't apologize for that. If anyone wants to unfriend me for that, so be it.

This is the last time I will speak of this situation, and I will go back to normal activities from here on out.
    Hear you loud and clear, spicy weinerman. Gave up bein your Daddy to be your friend. Just would have been easier on everybody if we'd all taken a breath and looked for a positive solution before we hollered. Feelings and emotions can cloud our judgement. Part of bein' human. I be guilty of it too.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    It has me questioning leaving corporate America.
    Don't jump for the dock without your lifeboat in place! Independent contracting may be your answer.
    Thanks for what you did, @patience0830

I'll agree with @T-DOGG ...I voiced my opinion. Maybe I should have used different words, but the point remains the same.

I'll donate $100 as I said I'd be in on it, but do not want to be in the raffle. I'd only shoot the thing like once before it'd be back up for rotation.
    A man of your word and I'm pleased to call you friend. The general opinion was understandable, given the emotions involved. Better words would have made the resolution cheaper and easier. Be well and stay out of the cement soup.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Oh and thank you very much patience for bringing "Cindy" home... :thumbsup:
    Counting you in for two. Thanks for being a stand up guy and a part of our core. You've been a rock when the need for donuts has arisen. ;) Give Norm a shout and see what he has planned for a pantsless highway fund run.
    I am in for two but only if you say good things about me like you did 88. :cool:

I'll pass the cash to Norm...
    You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar and have been steady in the face of adversity. A true gem of a soul.

How am I doin'?

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    View attachment 309412
    My new pistol. Y'all wanted it back in the group. By being kind, understanding, and unjudgemental, as well as an over all nice guy, I have made that happen. Some of you need to take a lesson from that. You embarassed me and Barb with your shenanigans and really hurt the feelings of a pretty decent fellow who drove 90 minutes tonight so I could pick it up.

That is the end of the lecture.

On to business. This pistol is part of a raffle starting now. The raffle will be for the right to take care of and fondle said pistol and to shoot it and keep it in good repair until the next FGE, whereupon there will be another raffle for the caretaking rights. Rinse and repeat. This will continue in perpetuity until none of us are left. Any funds raised in this first raffle over the cost to myself to reaquire the pistol will go to CKW. Subsequent raffles will donate to CKW in memory of Mouse and after Cindy passes the proceeds will be donated to colon cancer research in Tim's name. Sort of an ongoing memorial to a friend. If you cannot abide by the raffle rules, do not buy a ticket. You must be a proper person to possess a firearm and proof of such will be required.
    Tickets are $50.
    PM me if you wish to participate. I'm back at work tomorrow so answers will be as I have opportunity.
    Thank you Patience. As I have been told many times by my mother, you get where you want to go by being polite, and pleasant.

I like the idea of this being a limited time ownership thing. I like the idea of raising money for Cindy and later cancer research. I'm in for 2 tickets, it is cash, so I will have to meet someone somewhere to get them the cash.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning all!
    Glad to see Cindy returning!
    I would be interested in joining the raffle for ownership, but just to keep it temporarily I’m not interested in, and I hope this doesn’t offend anyone. I would be interested in modifying it to be exactly what I want, just like with any gun that I own and take pride in, but I understand the rules of this raffle and I respect them, but that is my reasoning for not participating.
    Thank you for reading the rules. Hope you won't hesitate to donate to colon cancer research in CM's name..

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Great news that it’s back, thanks to all who went to so much effort to keep it in the group.
    I’m also glad Radar was willing to make a deal that kept it here.

I’d be in for 2 raffle tickets. Would be honored to be the caretaker for a year but really the whole idea is it all going to a good cause, and making more stories and memories, and keeping a CM gun around.

Not sure when you’re making a collection run Norm, but if I can catch you before then…

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Great news that it’s back, thanks to all who went to so much effort to keep it in the group.

I’d be in for 2 raffle tickets. Would be honored to be the caretaker for a year but really the whole idea is it all going to a good cause, and making more stories and memories, and keeping a CM gun around.

Not sure when you’re making a collection run Norm, but if I can catch you before then…
    I need to figure out when the collection bucket will pass through this area too. If need be, I can collect on the south side of town and either drop the cash off with Patience or meet up with Tarzan at HHRP for GPT/Cash

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

That's the spirit!
    2 for D-man.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Thank you Patience for getting it back. I know it was a sacrifice while you are trying to pay off the house.

I’ll be happy to chip in $50 but I also do not want to be in the raffle.

If y’all find me trustworthy enough, and you don’t trust the mail, I’d be happy to meet up and pick up funds from some of you on my travels and hand them off to B2V. I often drive around 465 and can meet just about anywhere around Indy. I’ll be out in Greencastle today and out in Batesville tomorrow. I don’t mind making an extra stop on my travels if that helps anyone out.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Thank you Patience for getting it back. I know it was a sacrifice while you are trying to pay off the house.

I’ll be happy to chip in $50 but I also do not want to be in the raffle.

If y’all find me trustworthy enough, and you don’t trust the mail, I’d be happy to meet up and pick up funds from some of you on my travels and hand them off to B2V. I often drive around 465 and can meet just about anywhere around Indy. I’ll be out in Greencastle today and out in Batesville tomorrow. I don’t mind making an extra stop on my travels if that helps anyone out.
    I appreciate the gesture. I believe you're a good addition to the group and add a positive vibe. We'll attempt to be a positive influence on you and your offspring.20201003_102201.jpg
    A little remembrance of the Mouse. I miss that big voice and his enthusiasm.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Morning gang!

^^^^
    THIS is an awesome group!

@ditcherman I may want to come up to sight in a rifle next week if all the bits and pieces get here if OK with you and we can work out a cash transfer at that time.

@wtburnette & @llh1956 I can swing by during Monday range time if you would like.

West side Indy guys. I am planning on a Range trip to MCF&G Friday. If you want to meet there or PM and we can arrange a meet Avon/Bownsburg or ?

If I left any in those vicinities our, PM and we can arrange a meet. I am retired and will drive to meet for good cause (or a cup of coffee and conversation!).

:coffee:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Morning gang!

^^^^
    THIS is an awesome group!

@ditcherman I may want to come up to sight in a rifle next week if all the bits and pieces get here if OK with you and we can work out a cash transfer at that time.

:coffee:
    Pressures off for transfer, sitting at my desk so I’ll just mail a check.
    But welcome to sight in a rifle for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom