The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I did a bit of shooting at lunch today, but no ammo was involved. Instead, I took some pics of my PCR. I developed and then scanned them after work and while I love the gun, the pic does not do it justice. I shot this using a very beat up Canon FTb that I repaired. This was an $8 parts camera that had a major impact sometime in it's life. I paired it with an equally worn macro lens and this is going to be what I use to shoot stuff that needs shot with a macro lens going forward. It does not show in the picture, but that camera needed bodywork by the rewind crank. It took a bit of metal forming with a hammer to get it back into some semblance of what it was.

View attachment 324339
    View attachment 324340

Excellent on both counts ..... camera, and photo ! :wow:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks

Spent about 12 hours in the mad scientist hideout yesterday. Cleaned up, ate some very late dinner and watched the most recent episode of Reacher before heading to bed. Cleaning up gunsmithing notes this morning while having my wakeup coffee.
    Did 88 loan you a lab coat?

Good morning, T. Really been fun watching you morph into a machinist. Enjoying it from this end of the world.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Did 88 loan you a lab coat?

Good morning, T. Really been fun watching you morph into a machinist. Enjoying it from this end of the world.
    I made a lab coat out of an old tarp.

I'm just thankful people are taking an interest in my adventures. Nice to have friends and a community of like minded people to share the experience.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I made a lab coat out of an old tarp.

I'm just thankful people are taking an interest in my adventures. Nice to have friends and a community of like minded people to share the experience.
    It has been fun watching the transformation from enthusiast to craftsman. I'm amazed at how far you've come and at how quickly you got this far.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks

Spent about 12 hours in the mad scientist hideout yesterday. Cleaned up, ate some very late dinner and watched the most recent episode of Reacher before heading to bed. Cleaning up gunsmithing notes this morning while having my wakeup coffee.
    Notes are important. When I sit down to work on a camera, I have a notebook and pen with me to record everything I do because I'd surely screw the order of assembly up if I tried to do it from memory. Darkroom photography is the same for me. I keep a darkroom journal (sounds like something out of a romance novel) for the same reason. Each session with the enlarger and every roll of film gets recorded. Times, dilutions, temperatures and materials all get noted along with results.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Notes are important. When I sit down to work on a camera, I have a notebook and pen with me to record everything I do because I'd surely screw the order of assembly up if I tried to do it from memory. Darkroom photography is the same for me. I keep a darkroom journal (sounds like something out of a romance novel) for the same reason. Each session with the enlarger and every roll of film gets recorded. Times, dilutions, temperatures and materials all get noted along with results.
    I am a note taker but need to learn to better organize those notes or they just become scribbles on mis-ordered papers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom