The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah, I'm a toe-in-the-water first... now I'm all in, lol! Only keeping my Shield Plus and LCP Max striker fired guns (and a G3C)... otherwise, CZ's and 1911/HP's.

And, thanks to @DadSmith find over in Acessories thread, I now have a Streamlight TR-1 and sights on order with Dack Outdoors. The Night Fisions were less than $70 per set, no sales tax, and already paying shipping for the light, so no brainer.

It's been a good day so far.

ETA: Any suggestions for a sight tool are definitely welcome.
    What do you mean for a sight tool? For adjustments?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    What do you mean for a sight tool? For adjustments?
    For rear sight installation and adjustment.

I'm thinking a sight pusher... not sure which one, if any, work better on the CZ slides and sights.

On the OG P07 I used a punch and it's not an "experience" I feel like repeating, lol!

Not much in the way of gunsmiths in my immediate area.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    You should love the Night Fision sights! I've been using them for years now thanks to 88 and I think they're some of the best sights available.
    I do love them! EXTREMELY easy to pick up the front sight.

I think it was you that recommended them last year and I put the blacked out rear (with tritium inserts) and the orange front (because it's my old brain is used too, lol) on my OG p07.

Putting the same on the back-up and the P09.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I do love them! EXTREMELY easy to pick up the front sight.

I think it was you that recommended them last year and I put the blacked out rear (with tritium inserts) and the orange front (because it's my old brain is used too, lol) on my OG p07.

Putting the same on the back-up and the P09.

I mean, my preference is red dots on everything I can, but if I can't put a red dot on it, Night Fision is the way I go... ;)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah, I'm a toe-in-the-water first... now I'm all in, lol! Only keeping my Shield Plus and LCP Max striker fired guns (and a G3C)... otherwise, CZ's and 1911/HP's.

And, thanks to @DadSmith find over in Acessories thread, I now have a Streamlight TR-1 and sights on order with Dack Outdoors. The Night Fisions were less than $70 per set, no sales tax, and already paying shipping for the light, so no brainer.

It's been a good day so far.

ETA: Any suggestions for a sight tool are definitely welcome.
    I didn't know he posts deals in the accessories thread, he gets me enough in the gun deals thread, like that Walther Q4 steel frame he posted the other day.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I wear a denim shop apron while using the mill. It keeps all the cuttings from sticking to my flannel PJs day wear.
    I used to always have a few pair of old jeans. Then I got fat and now only have new/good jeans. So my work attire in the garage is now old sweatpants.

Side story. When I was getting ready for my gunsmithing day with AllenM, I realized I didn't have correct workshop clothing. Had to wear a pair of workpants that I was willing to sacrifice.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I used to always have a few pair of old jeans. Then I got fat and now only have new/good jeans. So my work attire in the garage is now old sweatpants.

Side story. When I was getting ready for my gunsmithing day with AllenM, I realized I didn't have correct workshop clothing. Had to wear a pair of workpants that I was willing to sacrifice.
    Go to Walmart or Menards and pick up a pair of $30 Dickies work pants or carpenter jeans (they have a hammer loop! ;))

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As a technician I’ve found that a “picture is worth a thousand words”. Most of my process I have memorized but for new or rare processes I’ll often take pictures as I go, especially if wiring is involved.

What I keep good notes for is navigating diagnostic software. It’s common for the machines I work on to have hidden screens, hidden menus and require unpublished codes and commands for service mode and diagnostic features. I keep notes of that stuff. Edit: this is probably nothing compared to what the IT guys here deal with.
    I agree, pictures on anything I'm taking apart, wiring, etc.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As a technician I’ve found that a “picture is worth a thousand words”. Most of my process I have memorized but for new or rare processes I’ll often take pictures as I go, especially if wiring is involved.

What I keep good notes for is navigating diagnostic software. It’s common for the machines I work on to have hidden screens, hidden menus and require unpublished codes and commands for service mode and diagnostic features. I keep notes of that stuff. Edit: this is probably nothing compared to what the IT guys here deal with.
    The phone camera is really handy for stuff like that
    a99b29b9313c98f0d23d7a139ff7f3d3.jpg
    88470dbc3c403521e111660d94d91f76.jpg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Had date afternoon with Mrs. B2V and hit the $5 matinee to see The Boys in the Boat. I had read the book several years ago and we enjoyed the movie. A little slow in the beginning but over all a nice feel good movie based in historical fact. Nice portrayal of 1930s America.

First time at the Emagine theater in Noblesville (there is one in Portage as well), very comfy recliner seats with seat heaters! I think my wife nodded off for a couple of minutes :dunno:. Nice clean theater and will plan on returning sometime.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I need to get one of those welding aprons for casting, the last session I got lead spatters all over my clothes. Had to pick them all off before the gardener would wash them.

Put more ammo through the repaired Marlin while dodging rain. All good solid strikes on the primers and no other issues. I'm calling this one done.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I need to get one of those welding aprons for casting, the last session I got lead spatters all over my clothes. Had to pick them all off before the gardener would wash them.

Put more ammo through the repaired Marlin while dodging rain. All good solid strikes on the primers and no other issues. I'm calling this one done.
    So, just in round numbers (or exact numbers if you choose), how many firearms have you managed to get back into working order?

Before answering, is this something that the CZickos should conduct a pool on and have the proceeds go to a worthy cause? You set the upper limit and we buy guesses at a number less than the upper limit. Closest without going over is the winner, but all they win is bragging rights (or maybe the opportunity to shoot one of your restored firearms?). All proceeds go to a worthy cause TBD by the CZicko majority?

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County

I wear overalls. Very forgiving for a fat boy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom