The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I live in a hole in the woods. Tried it all over the first decade. Got smart and just mow in one direction or use the backpack blower to move it all into the woods. The last cleanup is usually in December.
    I generally blow the leaves out of the beds, mulch them with the mower, blow them into a smaller area, bag them with the mower then use the leaf mulch around my trees and gardens. PIA but between leaf mulch and copious amounts of saw dust have not bought mulch since I have retired. And it keeps me (mostly) out of trouble.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning gents! :coffee:

Wow, that was a cold Halloween night. I figured that we'd have a few hardy kids come around, but we had packs of kids right up to about 7:30p. It was flurrying quite a bit at the end. I stayed outside to hand candy out and chat with neighbors and kept myself warm with a fire and a good size dose of Nikka Barrel Strength whiskey. It was a good combo but at the end of the night, all I wanted to do was climb in bed and warm up.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did get the yard mulched again yesterday. Weather allowing, I'll do that every other day through most of November to grind the leaves into the lawn. I have not bagged a single bag of leaves in decades. It's good exercise, gives me time to listen to audio books and it helps the lawn. By early December, I have to blow what few leaves remain into a pile before mulching. Towards the end of November, I'll crank the mower height down to near the lowest setting so that any leaves that make their way into the yard over winter will just keep on blowing through to the next yard with grass high enough to catch them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have not been carrying much since August this year, but have decided that I need to get back into the EDC discipline. My intent right now is to carry just my A2 Commander for the month of November. I've tried that in the past with various guns and rarely make it through 2 weeks before something else makes it's way into my holster, but with a long break from carry, maybe I'll be more successful at being consistent this time.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all!
    Not much sleep last night. My throat was hurting the whole night, but both kids also got up in the night and were having trouble. At 2am I still hadn’t fallen asleep yet and was helping them. When our son cried the second time I woke up my wife and asked her to help him. A few minutes later he was joining our bed, so that makes four because you have to count the cat that makes a large presence. I was able to cobble some sleep together though I woke up 3 or 4 times after I was finally able to get my initial sleep. So my head is pounding this morning, but the good news is that I am working from home today. I am about to get my first cup of coffee, which is great news!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm really trying to get past that 50 quality post requirement. I thought that at least one of those would get me out of the low 20s.
    As much as I like you, I had to put you on a list. Say hi to MM and TJ. Now keep it up and find out what happens.

*To everyone else but 88, nothing will happen, but don't tell him that. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom