The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Good morning, gangsters !
    We only had (4) trick-or-treaters last night .... broke my wife's heart, as she loves to see the kids costumes. Oh well, extra candy for me ! :laugh:

However, I've been digging around .... and a special someone up north will be receiving a special 'treat' when I can make it to the post office.

I have a FedEx delivery arriving this afternoon. Some ancient items that will be fun to photograph are in the package. Stay tuned !

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Good morning, gangsters !
    We only had (4) trick-or-treaters last night .... broke my wife's heart, as she loves to see the kids costumes. Oh well, extra candy for me ! :laugh:

However, I've been digging around .... and a special someone up north will be receiving a special 'treat' when I can make it to the post office.

I have a FedEx delivery arriving this afternoon. Some ancient items that will be fun to photograph are in the package. Stay tuned !
    My family pre makes bags of candy to hand out. Apparently they made 300 bags and I forget how many they had left. 40ish I think?

I went through 1.5 gallons of Sailor Jerry...1 shot at a time (measured out to stay consistent), and I don't remember how much cider.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My family pre makes bags of candy to hand out. Apparently they made 300 bags and I forget how many they had left. 40ish I think?

I went through 1.5 gallons of Sailor Jerry...1 shot at a time (measured out to stay consistent), and I don't remember how much cider.

I really hope you had more people drinking than just yourself... :):

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Our neighborhood used to be full of kids .... but there are only a small handful now.
    Next year, we'll come trick-or-treat YOU ! :D

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Had a few trick or treaters. Never did see the little neighbor kids who announce me by yelling my name every time they see me outside under normal circumstances. I had a big bag of treat sized candy from Costco and a box of 30 full size bars. I was only planning on giving the full sized bars to the neighbor kids, but looks like I'll be eating those over time now. I wasn't going outside to seek them out last night with the temps.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Halloween has never been a big deal for me (loved it as a kid, but have never done anything special for it). As an adult I choose not to participate as I eat very little sugar and think we allow kids to eat way too much and I don't want to be the A-hole handing out apples... :lmfao:

You could pass-out toothbrushes, WT .... I'm sure that they'd love that ! :D

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Halloween has never been a big deal for me (loved it as a kid, but have never done anything special for it). As an adult I choose not to participate as I eat very little sugar and think we allow kids to eat way too much and I don't want to be the A-hole handing out apples... :lmfao:
    When we moved in to the neighborhood our friends told us Halloween is a big deal in this neighborhood...so I wanted to do it right with the spiked cider. Now it's tradition.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You could pass-out toothbrushes, WT .... I'm sure that they'd love that ! :D
    Ha, I remember when my kids were losing first teeth, I gave them a note, a chocolate bar, a dollar or something and a toothbrush. The note from the tooth fairy said to eat the chocolate as the fairy wanted more teeth, but to also brush their teeth. Only did that elaborate on the first time.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Ha, I remember when my kids were losing first teeth, I gave them a note, a chocolate bar, a dollar or something and a toothbrush. The note from the tooth fairy said to eat the chocolate as the fairy wanted more teeth, but to also brush their teeth. Only did that elaborate on the first time.

That's a great ploy, WS .... well done ! :thumbsup:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    randomrambo has classified adds that make my head hurt.
    He was a bit "interesting" when he joined if I recall, and at least the classy I just looked at has sat, with little to no buyer activity, for several reasons I'd guess.

Not sure I've seen anything else from him to change the initial assessment

SPIDER-MAN+BY+DIANA+TAMBLYN.png

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Halloween is always big deal at our house. We live on the most popular street in town for trick or treating. Usually well over a 1,000 kids come by. Last night was down because of the cold and I estimate a very low turn out of around 500. Our first year here we had 500 pieces of candy and ran out in 30 minutes. Now we stock up early and usually still run out. My wife likes to dress up and see the kids costumes. This year she had me dress up as a hunter and she was the deer! It’s always a fun time!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Growing up rural I didn't see trick or treaters and now living rural we don't see them either. The time we lived in the burbs I enjoyed taking the kids out and passing out candy to the neighborhood children.

Went to one costume party, internet points to whoever can guess which movie character I was.;)

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Growing up rural I didn't see trick or treaters and now living rural we don't see them either. The time we lived in the burbs I enjoyed taking the kids out and passing out candy to the neighborhood children.

Went to one costume party, internet points to whoever can guess which movie character I was.;)
    hellboy.jpg

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

tom-selleck-holds-a-rifle-in-a-scene-from-the-film-quigley-down-under-picture-id168582933

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom