The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Thanks for the response. I looked at the DWX a few months ago and while I liked it didn't feel it was worth so much extra money vs the CZ especially after sending it out for an optics cut.

The DWXc is nicely done and more or less competitive in the 1911 price range genre. I would agree though, it’s msrp is several hundred or more above its value especially without an optic cut.

I only bought one because [mention]gmcttr [/mention] implied that I wasn’t “allowed” to buy one.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    One of my sisters lives in the Denver area. I happened to catch this picture of a double rainbow in the mountains during a visit a few years ago.

View attachment 320417
    View attachment 320418

It really is awesome scenery out there. I took a lot of pics but I won’t bore you with my amateur cell phone photography skills.
    Did you run down to the end of the rainbow to find that pot o gold?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    One of these days, when I retire, I intend to spend a summer wandering around the US with a camera in hand. I need to fit my truck out with a bed top camper and whatever else I need to get into the back country.

Lots to do to prepare between now and then. It's not that far off, actually.
    When my wife retires, we've talked about buying a small motorhome and traveling, It truly would be a dream come true. We shalll see !

Yup, your time to retirement will fly-by, 88'.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    One of these days, when I retire, I intend to spend a summer wandering around the US with a camera in hand. I need to fit my truck out with a bed top camper and whatever else I need to get into the back country.

Lots to do to prepare between now and then. It's not that far off, actually.
    You will be a lot busier when you retire…Ask me how I know…

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    A few of you have given the open-mouth WOW emoticon as a response.
    Seriously as a heart attack (and B2V knows how serious that is) : I'd rather be killed by a bear at 72 years old, than live (barely) as a mouth-drooler in a nursing home.
    Of course, I'd rather have options other than the (2) above, and hope that I will.
    But, you never know your path until it happens, and then it's often too late to change course.
    Native Americans used to just wander out in the snow/cold when they felt their usefulness was expended. For their time in life's stream, that made perfect sense, and I think that they were wise !

So sayeth MM ! But never fear. I hope that I'm in Montana searching for dinosaur bones when I'm in my 90's ! :)
    Those were the exact instructions my dad gave to us (we were way too young to understand it) because he was afraid he would end up like his mom with dementia. He had fallen in love with the west and told us “just tell me to go see what’s over that next hill”.
    He was serious too, he didn’t have dementia but he went out brave and facing it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    As much as I hate what Colorado is trying to do to their Ballot, it sure is beautiful out there. I spent about a year total in Colorado when I was in the Air Force. Back then, it was a different world as far as the people, and attitudes.
    It’s funny - not funny- watching that revolution.
    We first skied in Telluride in ‘77, and you might ride up the lift with a direct descendent of a miner, or more likely a hippie/druggie, and the miners would complain about the druggies coming in, and the druggies would complain about the normies coming in, and through the years all the “locals” would complain about all the “new people”.
    We skipped forward many years but it is now thoroughly and completely Californicated, but the old Californians complain about the new Californians.

But it’s still beautiful and its beauty will hopefully outlast mankind.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Those were the exact instructions my dad gave to us (we were way too young to understand it) because he was afraid he would end up like his mom with dementia. He had fallen in love with the west and told us “just tell me to go see what’s over that next hill”.
    He was serious too, he didn’t have dementia but he went out brave and facing it.

There you go ! ..... he was wise. :thumbsup:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It’s funny - not funny- watching that revolution.
    We first skied in Telluride in ‘77, and you might ride up the lift with a direct descendent of a miner, or more likely a hippie/druggie, and the miners would complain about the druggies coming in, and the druggies would complain about the normies coming in, and through the years all the “locals” would complain about all the “new people”.
    We skipped forward many years but it is now thoroughly and completely Californicated, but the old Californians complain about the new Californians.

But it’s still beautiful and its beauty will hopefully outlast mankind.

Hopefully, the Rocky Mountains will last for a long, long time. It'll take people to get smart, and likely reduce the population growth.
    Let's be optimistic, because optimism is often self-fulfilling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom