The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This is part of the Wind River range in Wyoming, that I visited in 2012.

IMG_0919-XL.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    As much as I hate what Colorado is trying to do to their Ballot, it sure is beautiful out there. I spent about a year total in Colorado when I was in the Air Force. Back then, it was a different world as far as the people, and attitudes.

I was looking through some photos this morning, and ran into this one of the overlook to Garden of the Gods (near Colorado Springs). I can smell the pine-fresh air just by looking at this !

IMG_4863%20copy-X3.jpg
    My first four years of active duty were spent in Colorado, it used to be one of my favorite states but it's changed a lot since the 90's, too bad.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    As much as I hate what Colorado is trying to do to their Ballot, it sure is beautiful out there. I spent about a year total in Colorado when I was in the Air Force. Back then, it was a different world as far as the people, and attitudes.

I was looking through some photos this morning, and ran into this one of the overlook to Garden of the Gods (near Colorado Springs). I can smell the pine-fresh air just by looking at this !

IMG_4863%20copy-X3.jpg
    My parents lived in Aurora, CO for a short stint (maybe 1965-68?) when my father was a geologist for Marathon oil.

They both agree that it was an amazing place to be.

My father had moved from NY to Bloomington to get his Masters at IU and married my mother. When he took the job in CO, they lived in a mobile home. My mother said it was the weirdest thing to move across the county and still live in the same house.

Wish they had bought some acreage there to leave to their favorite son.

Last edited:

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon

IMG_4863%20copy-X3.jpg
    One of my sisters lives in the Denver area. I happened to catch this picture of a double rainbow in the mountains during a visit a few years ago.

1703273602046.jpeg
    1703273632515.jpeg

It really is awesome scenery out there. I took a lot of pics but I won’t bore you with my amateur cell phone photography skills.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    My afternoon:

2 pm: Runs out to a very muddy construction site for a last minute progress inspection.

2:20 pm: Tears out zipper on muck boot.

2:21 pm: Decides these boots are probably 25 years old and are past due for replacement.

3:15 to 3:35 pm. WTH?????? upwards of $200 for a pair of muck boots????

3:38: Complain on INGO and wait for prices to return to 2015.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My afternoon:

2 pm: Runs out to a very muddy construction site for a last minute progress inspection.

2:21 pm: Decides these boots are probably 25 years old and are past due for replacement.

While shopping yesterday, I ran into the same thing. INSANE prices.
    The Mouse would say: WTAF !

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    My afternoon:

Cabelas has their own brand usually around $100 or so. Muck brand are usually more expensive.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    A little help from the CZ experts please. I looked at a Shadow 2 compact at the LGS today. There is a lot to like about the gun but a few issues. Number 1, the safety is terrible. Low profile and hard to use. I want to carry it the same way as my Staccato, cocked and locked. I assume there are other more 1911 like safeties available? Number 2, as a lefty that extended mag release has to go. Lower profile, or are the ambi swappable? Number 3 and perhaps the biggest obstacle, you have to use plates for optics. The factory plates appear to be often sold out and are thick as heck. It looks like C and H does make some. Any other recommendations?

Thanks

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If I'm able to travel West again, I'll probably head more north to Wyoming, or Montana. If a grizz gets me, it'll be an OK ending ! :D

A few of you have given the open-mouth WOW emoticon as a response.
    Seriously as a heart attack (and B2V knows how serious that is) : I'd rather be killed by a bear at 72 years old, than live (barely) as a mouth-drooler in a nursing home.
    Of course, I'd rather have options other than the (2) above, and hope that I will.
    But, you never know your path until it happens, and then it's often too late to change course.
    Native Americans used to just wander out in the snow/cold when they felt their usefulness was expended. For their time in life's stream, that made perfect sense, and I think that they were wise !

So sayeth MM ! But never fear. I hope that I'm in Montana searching for dinosaur bones when I'm in my 90's ! :)

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    This is part of the Wind River range in Wyoming, that I visited in 2012.

IMG_0919-XL.jpg
    Grand Teton Nat. Park, Aug. 2015. Just a cheap point and shoot camera but easy to take decent pics there 1703286034921.jpeg1703286074186.jpeg
    1703285950105.jpeg
    From the road side. I was standing with the car between him and me. There were some stupid folks that were walking towards him. We left!1703286223584.jpeg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Grand Teton Nat. Park, Aug. 2015. Just a cheap point and shoot camera but easy to take decent pics there View attachment 320482View attachment 320483
    View attachment 320481
    From the road side. I was standing with the car between him and me. There were some stupid folks that were walking towards him. We left!View attachment 320484

Those are great pics, Norm, and I agree that it's a beautiful area. I visited that park many moons ago, as part of a west coast motorcycle trip.

Yeah, you get one of those beasts riled up, and they'll kill you deader than a hammer !

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    A little help from the CZ experts please. I looked at a Shadow 2 compact at the LGS today. There is a lot to like about the gun but a few issues. Number 1, the safety is terrible. Low profile and hard to use. I want to carry it the same way as my Staccato, cocked and locked. I assume there are other more 1911 like safeties available? Number 2, as a lefty that extended mag release has to go. Lower profile, or are the ambi swappable? Number 3 and perhaps the biggest obstacle, you have to use plates for optics. The factory plates appear to be often sold out and are thick as heck. It looks like C and H does make some. Any other recommendations?

Thanks

I’ll give this a shot here but the S2C aren’t running around the group yet.

1) Cajun Gun Works should have extended safeties. You will not find as many options as 1911s.

2) mag release is swappable.

3) Mounting plates are the set up to not direct mount the optic. They provide flexibility of optic footprint but (obviously) require a plate. Trade offs….

But

If you want to carry cocked and lock and not utilize the da/sa feature of the S2c, why not get a DWXc and direct mount an appropriate patterned optic? That’s what I did. Gives you the best of CZ ergos, 1911 ignition parts and a little Sig thrown in for fun.

fe9c7e9f9adb5e2879da1f8efa1ad7a3.jpg

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I’ll give this a shot here but the S2C aren’t running around the group yet.

1) Cajun Gun Works should have extended safeties. You will not find as many options as 1911s.

2) mag release is swappable.

3) Mounting plates are the set up to not direct mount the optic. They provide flexibility of optic footprint but (obviously) require a plate. Trade offs….

But

If you want to carry cocked and lock and not utilize the da/sa feature of the S2c, why not get a DWXc and direct mount an appropriate patterned optic? That’s what I did. Gives you the best of CZ ergos, 1911 ignition parts and a little Sig thrown in for fun.
    Thanks for the response. I looked at the DWX a few months ago and while I liked it didn't feel it was worth so much extra money vs the CZ especially after sending it out for an optics cut.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom