The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks!

I was able to restore another parts camera to service last night. This one had a dead display but worked in all other respects. I found the ribbon cable clamp loose and when properly tightened, it worked.

Thanks again MM. Those manuals you gave me have been very helpful. Your notes, though, were what really helped me out.
    0579d0465ab5489d83a0e830d5bc0c5c.jpg
    229eed3b2a43a7611648f3a5159475c7.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning folks!

I was able to restore another parts camera to service last night. This one had a dead display but worked in all other respects. I found the ribbon cable clamp loose and when properly tightened, it worked.

Thanks again MM. Those manuals you gave me have been very helpful. Your notes, though, were what really helped me out.
    I’m going to pretend I didn’t see this. Way cool 88. My wife and I still play with the 50D we got from MM from time to time. Someday when the youngest is a little older perhaps we will get to explore it more. She has really taken a liking to photography work and has taken our last two family photo sessions with that camera.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning folks!

Don't mean to get all philosophical at 7 am but the "progression" of photography is really illustrative of the changes in society. Film to digital.

Something to be said for capturing an image and awaiting the results.

Sigh...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Don't mean to get all philosophical at 7 am but the "progression" of photography is really illustrative of the changes in society. Film to digital.

Something to be said for capturing an image and awaiting the results.

Sigh...
    Talked about this recently… As I was deleting thousands of unnecessary photos from my phone. I thought…. You know, most of this stuff I didn’t get to truly enjoy because I was so focused on capturing it with a camera. I’m being a lot more selective.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Talked about this recently… As I was deleting thousands of unnecessary photos from my phone. I thought…. You know, most of this stuff I didn’t get to truly enjoy because I was so focused on capturing it with a camera. I’m being a lot more selective.
    Something to be said for 1960 to 1990....

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I purposely don't take tons of pictures especially these days (and still end up with a lot but mostly of stuff I'm taking apart, etc) for that very reason. I typically just want to try and focus on being wherever I am. Take some that will show up in my one drive memories in following years just to pull my memory back to a given day/event and that's good enough for me.

That said, it is nice to look back at those digital memories especially now that my kids are grown. My wife and I from the time we got married have gone through film cameras (we took a bunch of the disposable cameras with us in our honeymoon) , to digital camera to phone, and it is nice to have the content.
    The camera that is with you all the time (phone) like most things is just a tool that one needs to use/control vs it controlling them.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I purposely don't take tons of pictures especially these days (and still end up with a lot but mostly of stuff I'm taking apart, etc) for that very reason. I typically just want to try and focus on being wherever I am. Take some that will show up in my one drive memories in following years just to pull my memory back to a given day/event and that's good enough for me.

That said, it is nice to look back at those digital memories especially now that my kids are grown. My wife and I from the time we got married have gone through film cameras (we took a bunch of the disposable cameras with us in our honeymoon) , to digital camera to phone, and it is nice to have the content.
    The camera that is with you all the time (phone) like most things is just a tool that one needs to use/control vs it controlling them.
    Digital is nice. But it bugs me… We've decided we are going to go through our pictures every year, print the ones we want and put them in an album. Have one for each year we’ve been together.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Morning folks!

That's great to hear, my friend. It feels good when you're able to track-down a pesky electronic problem.
    You're on the path of a fun hobby..... or perhaps a second career when you retire from I.T.. :thumbsup:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Digital is nice. But it bugs me… We've decided we are going to go through our pictures every year, print the ones we want and put them in an album. Have one for each year we’ve been together.

That's actually a good system, RH. You could fill up a memory card, then go through them later and print the ones you like .... and put into an album.
    That way, even if the internet goes down, you'd still have family memories in a hard-copy form.

You'd just have to be disiplined to do this ! I suspect that you are.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This bug has been dug in like a tick since Sunday for me. Havnt started shooting it out of both ends yet today so hopefully it has run its course.

Thankfully I don't have either of those issues. Just feeling very run down and my sinuses ache. Nose was very runny last night, but I took a benadryl and slept 10 hours, so that seems to have helped a bit. Glad to hear you're feeling better my friend... :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom