The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Counting my blessings so far… Oldest was actually sick today… I’m fine so far… But I know it’s coming… Mama is back to normal. Littlest is back to herself.
    It waapped me upside the head yesterday afternoon/last night with some fever and aches but actually feeling better this evening - not great, but better than I expected. Maybe it will be a one day thing.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I don't want anyone to spend too much time getting me a gift so I made a short list. I'll stick with new production since you might not have time to find used guns and get them here before Christmas.

I only listed ten as I thought maybe a few of you might go together for one. If you need more choices, just let me know.

1) CZ Shadow 2 Compact

2) DWX Full Size

3) Berreta 1301 Tactical

4) Alchemy Quantico (9mm, please)

5) Korth Silver Mongoose

If its just a stocking stuffer priced gift, then maybe

6) Canik SFx Rival S

7) SW M&P Competitor

8) Colt Python 4.25"

9) 1894 Marlin

10) SW 686 SSR
    He’d been drinking too much egg nog,
    And we begged him not to go,
    But he had the CZ sickness, as he stumbled out into the snow…..
    Mcapo got ran over by gun broker…
    Drinking too much bourbon last night….
    You can say there’s no such thing as CZanta,
    But as for me and T-Dogg, we believe!!!!

(Sung to the tune of Grandma got ran over by a reindeer)

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Today was the first day I felt 100% back on my game.

Had a good day. Hit the range and exercised the TX-22 competition

1703040958189.jpeg

this was with some Eley Club I had laying around, first 4 targets on a rest. Definitely a difference between bulk and better ammo.
    1703041135447.jpeg

And spent a little time in the workshop today. Making cherry grips for the 82 I will soon refinish. Got the left hand grip panel fitted Today. Once the right one is fitted will begin hand checkering.

1703041358698.jpeg
    1703041400852.jpeg

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Today was the first day I felt 100% back on my game.

Had a good day. Hot the range and exercised the TX-22 competition

View attachment 319895

this was with some Eley Club I had laying around, first 4 targets on a rest. Definitely a difference between bulk and better ammo.
    View attachment 319896

And spent a little time in the workshop today. Making cherry grips for the 82 I will soon refinish. Got the left hand grip panel fitted Today. Once the right one is fitted will begin hand checkering.

View attachment 319897
    View attachment 319898
    That's going to look nice.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Because of course, I just broke down and bought an OEM X-macro grip module to convert my XL to an X-macro and haven't even been to the range with it in that config yet...
    I had been waiting for a WC for a few reasons and mainly because I wanted one that had the standard length rail for holster compatibility. Had gotten tired of waiting this past week.

IMG_0198.jpeg

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Didn't someone mention @T-DOGG needs a dedicated safe for his business?

This one is even up in Canada...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Didn't someone mention @T-DOGG needs a dedicated safe for his business?

This one is even up in Canada...

Morning jagee. I appreciate the thought on the safe, but that isn't going to happen. After talking with Allen recently, I got some more insight into things about the gunsmithing business I hadn't considered, so I can't even say a business will ever come to fruition at this point. I've been thinking more along the lines of strictly doing metal art for supplemental income at some point and even that has its own set of challenges.

But for now, my mind is focused on finishing these two very expensive 2011 builds. After that, I'd like to get back into the swing of shooting somewhat regularly, reloading, and some IDPA and NRL22 competitions.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Morning jagee. I appreciate the thought on the safe, but that isn't going to happen. After talking with Allen recently, I got some more insight into things about the gunsmithing business I hadn't considered, so I can't even say a business will ever come to fruition at this point. I've been thinking more along the lines of strictly doing metal art for supplemental income at some point and even that has its own set of challenges.

But for now, my mind is focused on finishing these two very expensive 2011 builds. After that, I'd like to get back into the swing of shooting somewhat regularly, reloading, and some IDPA and NRL22 competitions.
    I couldn't even begin to imagine everything involved with a gun smith business. I'm sure there are all kinds of rules, insurance, etc...

Just know that once you feel comfortable with your own skills, you're the new go-to guy for me when it comes to 1911's. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom