The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Keyboard + mouse will always be the most accurate way to game and the graphics on PC games are much better, but you need high end hardware to make it better than what you can get out of a console game on a nice HDTV, not to mention the screen is bigger on the TV. Computer gaming was always more comfortable for me, because gaming in a gaming chair was always easier for me than sitting on a couch, but everyone is different.

Does your Grandson like to mess with hardware? Is he old enough, or is there someone else in the family who would want to build him a PC? That way you can spec out a nice gaming system and monitor (if he doesn't already have one) and ensure you get a video card that will run the game at max settings.

He already has a TV sized monitor. Not afraid to build one but my limited knowledge is woefully outdated - like scsi connector outdated. Yes - I am old before my time...

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    He already has a TV sized monitor. Not afraid to build one but my limited knowledge is woefully outdated - like scsi connector outdated. Yes - I am old before my time...
    I feel your pain. I got away from pcs in early 2000s. My dad is a huge computer nerd so he actually built my kids gaming rigs with them. Never felt so useless in my life. I’m just gonna stick to my retro machines and my ps5.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Ugh. Another thing for me to feel guilty about I guess. Know what I do when I feel guilty about something? I light a cigar and dump 2 fingers of Nikka in a glass.

I didn't want anyone to feel guilty, but since you've mentioned your progress with exercise and diet routines .... there are probably better options than your choices ! :whistle:

Yoga, deep breathing, meditation, and perhaps a worry stone ... for example. :)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I didn't want anyone to feel guilty, but since you've mentioned your progress with exercise and diet routines .... there are probably better options than your choices ! :whistle:

Yoga, deep breathing, meditation, and perhaps a worry stone ... for example. :)
    Last worry stone I had cost me a TV.

Don't watch sports with a worry stone.

My advice for the day.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Not sure....I will inquire further. I don't believe PS or Xbox was the "preferred" platform. My guess would be because it is easier to cheat on a PC?
    My son plays Fortnite on Xbox. If he had a choice he’d pick PC because “that’s what all the top games and YouTubers use”. Apparently Fortnite is easier and faster to control on keyboard/mouse than controller. Xbox is doable. I’d talk to your grandson and see if he has a preference.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Last worry stone I had cost me a TV.

Don't watch sports with a worry stone.

My advice for the day.
    People who live in glass houses . . . .something, something.
    I simply choose not to worry. I've noted that worry is 100% non-productive. Preparing for possible problems, however, might be better than worry.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    My son plays Fortnite on Xbox. If he had a choice he’d pick PC because “that’s what all the top games and YouTubers use”. Apparently Fortnite is easier and faster to control on keyboard/mouse than controller. Xbox is doable. I’d talk to your grandson and see if he has a preference.
    PC is the definite preference.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    People who live in glass houses . . . .something, something.
    I simply choose not to worry. I've noted that worry is 100% non-productive. Preparing for possible problems, however, might be better than worry.
    The key is tempered glass in my house; plate glass in everyone else's house...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Probably would but I am not one to live or die by "my" team. I take most anything with an "it is what it is" approach. That is about as complex a philosophy that I can comprehend.

Emotions are highly overrated.
    I'm actually right there with you.

My son and wife are the ones who seem to get into it over teams.
    She likes to poke at him and he takes the bait. She seems to be cheering on whomever he's not.

I'm along with you on the it is what it is. If Bama had not made it in, I was ready to hope that TX would then win it all. I figure if the team that beats us wins it all, there's not much to bark about.

There's alot of other stuff to focus on in any given day, like appliance installs. Waiting on the next update of where that goes.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I'm actually right there with you.

My son and wife are the ones who seem to get into it over teams.
    She likes to poke at him and he takes the bait. She seems to be cheering on whomever he's not.

I'm along with you on the it is what it is. If Bama had not made it in, I was ready to hope that TX would then win it all. I figure if the team that beats us wins it all, there's not much to bark about.

There's alot of other stuff to focus on in any given day, like appliance installs. Waiting on the next update of where that goes.

Jb weld plus Aluminum angle brackets and the cooktop is golden. Took forever to square the granite edges. I think they cut out the opening for the last cooktop with a dull hatchet.

I have about 2mm of spacing now and IMnsHO, have more than adequate ventilation for the unit.

Took a little minor cabinet work to mount the retention brackets but all in all end up pretty straightforward.

Oven still needs final adjustment.

265e25ea8e2173a6c86b90713b04665e.jpg

5237859b1500657013f3d6e78d0cf398.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom