The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    in different seasons of life.

That's such an eloquent way to word it ! ;) (those of us in the winter of life appreciate it)
    But of course, it's very true. When we had a young family, we looked for every opportunity to save and scrimp ..... to make our income stretch.
    Now, as empty-nestors, everything has been paid for long ago.

Credit cards (I only use one) are a matter of convenience. When the dentist office wanted a down-payment for my denture work of $2,900, I wasn't going to run to the bank and carry it back in cash. I just handed them my credit card, knowing that it would be paid-off at the end of the month.

I could actually afford better than a 25 year old pickup truck with broken air conditioning .... but I like the truck. It gets me from point A to point B, and I just roll down the windows if it's hot.

Even though they don't need it, I'd rather leave anything extra to my two daughters .... or to friends who need cheered-up. Everything all of us 'own' will be dust in 300 years. We're all just passing through.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Credit Card got hacked this morning. Thanks for jinxing me everyone. :noway:

People suck. Not you people, bad people.
    That sucks. I hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

BTW All the work on your SS Tisas looks awesome! Your work looks way better than their factory bobtail Bantam. Hands down. I was just admiring it again in your profile pic. I know it was just a start for you and I’m curious looking forward to seeing what happens when you go all out on a 1911.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    For those that have been waiting Marlin/Ruger announced the 1894 in .357 Mag for 2024. Also, Colt announced the 3 inch Python Combat Elite with unfluted cylinder and some other upgrades (not sure I ever announced they came out with a 2.5 and a 5 inch too).

So. How does this sound? Do you think it’ll work?

“Hey honey, I had to cancel the order for one of the appliances because I need a couple of new guns OK?”

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

“Hey honey, I had to cancel the order for one of the appliances because I need a couple of new guns OK?”
    depositphotos_62738491-stock-photo-angry-woman-hitting-man-with.jpg

Except she will probably use one of those new induction cook top compatible pans.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That sucks. I hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

BTW All the work on your SS Tisas looks awesome! Your work looks way better than their factory bobtail Bantam. Hands down. I was just admiring it again in your profile pic. I know it was just a start for you and I’m curious looking forward to seeing what happens when you go all out on a 1911.
    They caught it quick, only a $2.95 charge, and notified me immediately. They declined the charge, canceled that card, and are sending me a new one.

Thanks about the gun. It's been fun and I'm enjoying it. That gun will also be getting a stippling job on the front strap and the frame feed ramp recut. The ramp was cut at the wrong angle and is short in height. I have stuff on order to do the work (frame fixture and 31/64 ball end mill). I've been spending a lot of time in the 1911 forum and learning a lot really fast.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    That's such an eloquent way to word it ! ;) (those of us in the winter of life appreciate it)
    But of course, it's very true. When we had a young family, we looked for every opportunity to save and scrimp ..... to make our income stretch.
    Now, as empty-nestors, everything has been paid for long ago.

Credit cards (I only use one) are a matter of convenience. When the dentist office wanted a down-payment for my denture work of $2,900, I wasn't going to run to the bank and carry it back in cash. I just handed them my credit card, knowing that it would be paid-off at the end of the month.

I could actually afford better than a 25 year old pickup truck with broken air conditioning .... but I like the truck. It gets me from point A to point B, and I just roll down the windows if it's hot.

Even though they don't need it, I'd rather leave anything extra to my two daughters .... or to friends who need cheered-up. Everything all of us 'own' will be dust in 300 years. We're all just passing through.
    The older I get, the more that 300 yrs thing weighs on me.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Actually, it looks like they're already available...

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

I bet that there’s a spouse credit scoring system that we don’t know about.

I think what you’re proposing may negatively affect that score. Not sure.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

Don't forget that .357 lever guns don't miss. I tried to show you that at the FGE with my Winchester 1892. :D

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I bet that there’s a spouse credit scoring system that we don’t know about.

I think what you’re proposing may negatively affect that score. Not sure.
    and I thought financial credit scoring criteria was complex....no way could I understand spousal credit scoring.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    They caught it quick, only a $2.95 charge, and notified me immediately. They declined the charge, canceled that card, and are sending me a new one.

Thanks about the gun. It's been fun and I'm enjoying it. That gun will also be getting a stippling job on the front strap and the frame feed ramp recut. The ramp was cut at the wrong angle and is short in height. I have stuff on order to do the work (frame fixture and 31/64 ball end mill). I've been spending a lot of time in the 1911 forum and learning a lot really fast.
    I've had my debit card hacked more than my credit card.
    I know it's possible, but it hasn't been the case with us. I'd go w/o the debit card if I could figure a way to rent a car in a pinch w/o one.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The older I get, the more that 300 yrs thing weighs on me.

It weighed on me at about the same age as you are now, my friend. I blew-out all the discs in my lower back when I was 61. It was my first time getting an MRI, and having a major operation.
    Now, I use the truth of that thought to set me free. Realizing that there's nothing that I can do about it, I let go.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom