The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    You mean to tell me you don’t have anything that could use a red dot? Not a thing?

Hmm…..either you’re fibbing or we have a serious crisis to overcome.
    I guess I unintentionally fibbed. Im blaming not being totally awake. Looked at my inventory list and you're right, my TSO could use one.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My SIL passed, had his funeral.
    We were close, and buddies.
    He was a hunter, fisherman, and gun enthusiast.
    Father of two of my grandchildren.
    Daughter and grandchildren are having a rough time as expected.
    Prayers would be appreciated.

The biopsy results came back over the weekend for my dog. Vet reported that the swelling is a tumor. It is in the soft tissue sarcoma family and is likely the subcategory "fibrosarcoma."
    Gave her 2-7 months to live.

My condolences on your losses and my prayers sent to you and your family in your time of grief.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    My SIL passed, had his funeral.
    We were close, and buddies.
    He was a hunter, fisherman, and gun enthusiast.
    Father of two of my grandchildren.
    Daughter and grandchildren are having a rough time as expected.
    Prayers would be appreciated.

The biopsy results came back over the weekend for my dog. Vet reported that the swelling is a tumor. It is in the soft tissue sarcoma family and is likely the subcategory "fibrosarcoma."
    Gave her 2-7 months to live.
    Definitely not the news anyone wants to hear during the holidays. Sincerest condolences and prayers for you and your family.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    :faint:

I owned one like that. Had to have the bbl shortened and rechambered to get it to shoot like I wanted it to. Andrew is a good guy and his might do good, but too much for a 10/22 for me. I druther spend the $ on a Kidd.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I owned one like that. Had to have the bbl shortened and rechambered to get it to shoot like I wanted it to. Andrew is a good guy and his might do good, but too much for a 10/22 for me. I druther spend the $ on a Kidd.
    Ive had a few 10/22s and found them lacking in accuracy for my needs so they found new homes. Surprisingly my dad's old Winny 190 has been much better for me. A Kidd would be a good alternative to a stock 10/22 imo too.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Looking back at the credit card conversation from yesterday, I see that I may have come off the wrong way. I just want to clarify that I hold no judgment for how others take care of their finances. I recognize that many of us are in different places financially and in different seasons of life. And that there is often more than one way to do things, like finances, and I always have room to learn and improve.

One of my main aversions to credit cards is because of the trap it has become to so much of the younger generation. Our culture has gone off the deep end pursuing “instant gratification”. As a dad with young kids I see how influenced they are by the “have it now” culture. I feel an immense amount of responsibility to teach them “Godliness with contentment” and financial responsibility. We teach them about giving, about praying about spending, about saving and the dangers of borrowing. And we try our best to model that.

Sometimes I type things out and it reads differently than it sounded in my head. Anyway, I hope nobody felt judged, that wasn’t my intent.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Looking back at the credit card conversation from yesterday, I see that I may have come off the wrong way. I just want to clarify that I hold no judgment for how others take care of their finances. I recognize that many of us are in different places financially and in different seasons of life. And that there is often more than one way to do things, like finances, and I always have room to learn and improve.

One of my main aversions to credit cards is because of the trap it has become to so much of the younger generation. Our culture has gone off the deep end pursuing “instant gratification”. As a dad with young kids I see how influenced they are by the “have it now” culture. I feel an immense amount of responsibility to teach them “Godliness with contentment” and financial responsibility. We teach them about giving, about praying about spending, about saving and the dangers of borrowing. And we try our best to model that.

Sometimes I type things out and it reads differently than it sounded in my head. Anyway, I hope nobody felt judged, that wasn’t my intent.
    Wait a minute, I thought you were the younger generation!

Funny banker story, a couple years ago during operating loan renewal season (you didn’t know they had a season for that I bet) banker says “we’re concerned with the balances we see on credit cards, looks similar to last year” and all that did was tell me they had never looked before, because we routinely charge 2k to 10k a month in cards, but always pay it off and don’t pay any interest.

It’s just a tool in the toolbox, just can’t misuse it or loose the discipline, or believe every offer that comes along.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It’s just a tool in the toolbox, just can’t misuse it or loose the discipline, or believe every offer that comes along.

Credit cards don't kill - people kill. Or something like that.

I remain on the side that debt is not bad or good. Debt can be managed for a positive or mismanaged for a negative.

I have had debt and I have had cash.

Right now, I am in a period of no cash and no debt. LOL - well except for a huge appliance charge that will need paid soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom