The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    About to head for a quick range trip. Is it wrong that I'm going to take my daughter's beater Honda pilot because I did some detail work on my FJ earlier this week and am not ready to get it covered in gravel dust and mud?

Assuming you paid for both, but either way you’re good! LOL

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Tpms sensor= scam. I just walk around my Jeep / air the tires once a month. Her car doesn’t even tell you which tire is low….just gives you that annoying light on the dash….which prompts the call….”Dad, something wrong with my car!!!”

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Tpms sensor= scam. I just walk around my Jeep / air the tires once a month. Her car doesn’t even tell you which tire is low….just gives you that annoying light on the dash….which prompts the call….”Dad, something wrong with my car!!!”
    Yeah, my FJ doesn't even have them.

My wife's Subaru will tell you what the pressure of each tire is using the app. I think there is a way to do it on the car's various info panels, but the app is easier.

Can't remember if the daughter's Pilot tells us which one is low. But yeah, I've had to replace them on that car before. Not cheap, but as you said, at least the tire rotation and balances are free which is nice.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just got a box of 6 'junk' cameras that I paid all of $29 for. 3 are 60s-70s vintage (FT, FX and AL-1). The FT is a bit rough, but the other two look like they just need a CLA (Clean, Lube, Adjust). The AL-1 is interesting as it was the first attempt at automating the focus. It was not auto-focus, but did incorporate a sensor in the mirror that would try to sense when the camera was in focus and give a green light in the viewfinder. I'm hoping that I can revive that one as it's a cool step in the evolution of the camera.

The other 3 are later designs (2 T-70s, T-50). One of the T-70s has leaked batteries in it and the battery door was broken by someone trying to get them out. The T-50 has an issue that has the mirror stuck in the up position. Might be minor, might be major. The cool thing is that the 2nd T-70 is perfectly fine. I've been looking at it and can find nothing wrong. It came with a half shot roll of film in it and I shot the remainder just to test the mechanisms and it advances and rewinds just fine. Now that the film is out, I've been looking at the shutter and can find nothing wrong. I'm thinking this is good to go. I'll run a roll of film through it to test it, but don't expect issues.

I'm on the fence regarding what to do with the existing roll of film. There were 8 shots taken on it and I have no idea how old it is. At best, it was fine and I get 15 junk, test images developed. At worst, the original 8 are something that I don't want to see. Chances are, they are 20 years old and the film is crap. I think I'll just toss the roll and shoot a new one to test the camera and lense.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Masonry guy was doing a rebuild of neighbor's chimney so I had him look at some cracks in a few bricks I had and he gave me a quote last week. He was supposed to be here Monday but never showed. Of course today as soon as I got to the range he texted me that he was out at neighbor's finishing up and could knock out my job.

Worked out though as I was able to get back from the range and a few errands without rushing too much and he was just getting started on mine.

Amazingly the M&P I should be selling this week should just about cover the brick work. Crazy how that works out. I was hoping to replenish some of what's been spent recently, but something always finds a way to get that $$$.

Oh well, even is better than not I guess.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Getting too many emails with ammo "deals". I was tempted to pick up more 45 ACP. I've bought a few 1911's this year so I must need more 45 ACP, right?

Wrong! I headed to the basement to check my stock only to realize (once again) that I still have more than I'll ever shoot.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Getting too many emails with ammo "deals". I was tempted to pick up more 45 ACP. I've bought a few 1911's this year so I must need more 45 ACP, right?

Wrong! I headed to the basement to check my stock only to realize (once again) that I still have more than I'll ever shoot.
    Screenshot 2023-11-22 190103.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom